Hong Kong Stars Style

Originally posted by whereisthatsusu@May 17th, 2004 - 2:52 am
Ehh....seems like Anita Mui copies the looks straight off the runways. :unsure:

:o maybe she did........but she was John's old friend...and Dior always supported her....gave her the evening wear for her concerts.....

she was in the Show of *Dior 2003 FW RTW*
she sat next to Gwen Stefani :blush: :flower:

If they can carry it off,why not?But Maggie's leather/socks combo....no no :huh:

Anita had a great voice, it's too bad she passed away :(

Originally posted by oceanharlot@May 17th, 2004 - 1:35 am
what makes these clothes different is that they are not skin tight in the same areas as western clothing is. no tight tshirts with tight jeans with sleek white blonde hair and huge made up eyes...

its more like a super loose top with tight pants or leggings or tights with cute shoes and funky accessories.

LOVE IT! :clap:
Ditto ! :wink:

I am really into Jap street style lately. Love it..... :heart:

Originally posted by Kimkhuu+May 17th, 2004 - 1:20 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kimkhuu @ May 17th, 2004 - 1:20 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-oceanharlot@May 17th, 2004 - 1:35 am
what makes these clothes different is that they are not skin tight in the same areas as western clothing is. no tight tshirts with tight jeans with sleek white blonde hair and huge made up eyes...

its more like a super loose top with tight pants or leggings or tights with cute shoes and funky accessories.

LOVE IT!  :clap:
Ditto ! :wink:

I am really into Jap street style lately. Love it..... :heart: [/b][/quote]
I have to say that I prefer Japanese styles over this. :huh:

aw they're all so beautiful. I love their style! :heart: so adorable and bubbly. hehe. I'd love to wear stuff like that. :wink:

How did Anita die anyways? I have a bunch of HK Mags, but, due to my inability to read chinese, I , erm, well, don't understand anything...

Originally posted by Street_a_Licious@May 20th, 2004 - 2:28 pm
How did Anita die anyways? I have a bunch of HK Mags, but, due to my inability to read chinese, I , erm, well, don't understand anything...
I cant remember exactly but i think she died due to an illness...RIP Anita Mui she was a legend in Chinese music :(

I cant believe i didnt start this thread before! lol

I love all these Hing Kong singers and groups...Faye Wong and Sammi Cheng are my idols :woot:

I think Hong Kong celebrities have a lot of style in what they wear and are not afraid to wear anything that makes a statement :heart: :flower:

:woot: YAY! Hong Kong style!...I always loved what I saw around Hong Kong..all the beautiful gals are wonderful dressers...

BUT....

I think its all Cosmopolitan areas of Asia...tokyo, seoul, hong kong, manila, teipei, singapore...all of good dressers...I always loved what people wore...thats one thing I miss- the interesting and vibrant styles of Asia....

there's a shop I go to in LA called Shabon owned by the cutest Korean girls and they always dress me up in the koolest vintage...they pair everything so funky like the Jap/Hong Kong style... :heart: :heart:

I really like their style - fun, fresh and colourful!!

Cecilia Cheung and Shu Qi are gorgeous. Twins are so cute!

Originally posted by seditionary@May 17th, 2004 - 11:21 am
:shock: OMG... she must b sponsored by dior or something...
all those outfits... n so much of it couture as well :bounce:
in HK they dont get sponsored. these stars all buy their couture clothes. not like in western countries where they actually get sponsored :woot:

Originally posted by oceanharlot@May 17th, 2004 - 1:35 am
i love their style. keeps with that 'japanese street style' kind of thing happening right now. very fun clothes.

LOVE IT! :clap:
i think you hit the nail on the head...the looses fit and drapiness of the pieces make them sexy without looking cheap...i like them very much...i wish more people in the west would adopt this attitude... :ninja: :flower:

Originally posted by ingenue@May 22nd, 2004 - 2:08 pm
OFF topic, SHU QI--> is she the gf of Leon Lai>>??
OFF TOPIC: I dont know who he's dating but he used to be my favourite singer lol

Originally posted by vintage_princess+May 20th, 2004 - 10:24 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vintage_princess @ May 20th, 2004 - 10:24 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Street_a_Licious@May 20th, 2004 - 2:28 pm
I cant remember exactly but i think she died due to an illness...RIP Anita Mui she was a legend in Chinese music :(

I cant believe i didnt start this thread before! lol

I love all these Hing Kong singers and groups...Faye Wong and Sammi Cheng are my idols :woot:

I think Hong Kong celebrities have a lot of style in what they wear and are not afraid to wear anything that makes a statement :heart: :flower: [/b][/quote]
hmm I think Anita died of some sort of cancer(testicular?)Faye Wong has incredible talent as well B)

Originally posted by prixi+May 23rd, 2004 - 8:01 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prixi @ May 23rd, 2004 - 8:01 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ingenue@May 22nd, 2004 - 3:08 pm
she WAS :wink: [/b][/quote]
Shu Qi dated Leon Lai?! I didn't know that!! Who is she dating now? I used to love Leon (when I was younger that is..)

Originally posted by rouge+May 24th, 2004 - 5:20 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rouge @ May 24th, 2004 - 5:20 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by prixi@May 23rd, 2004 - 8:01 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-ingenue
@May 22nd, 2004 - 3:08 pm

she WAS :wink:
Shu Qi dated Leon Lai?! I didn't know that!! Who is she dating now? I used to love Leon (when I was younger that is..) [/b][/quote]
join the club :P

Originally posted by Kimkhuu@May 16th, 2004 - 10:26 pm
Shu Qi
i was just browsing through...and to my surprise :shock: I have that dress, Its Dolce & Gabbana from a few years ago :flower:

Attachments

• Dolce___Gabbana_calla_lily_print_dress.jpg
    Dolce___Gabbana_calla_lily_print_dress.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"