• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Hong Kong Stars Style

What? their style is not weird :P I don't think they dress "over the top" at all... actually some of the outfits look pretty average to me. but most of them look really cute, and I love Kelly Chen's dress/shirt :smile:

Originally posted by StellaStorm@May 25th, 2004 - 2:54 am
What? their style is not weird :P I don't think they dress "over the top" at all... actually some of the outfits look pretty average to me. but most of them look really cute, and I love Kelly Chen's dress/shirt :smile:
I agree :flower: Their dress sense is quite average compared to a lot of other celebrities who show maximum flesh :ninja:

Originally posted by prixi+May 23rd, 2004 - 4:03 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (prixi @ May 23rd, 2004 - 4:03 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by vintage_princess@May 20th, 2004 - 10:24 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Street_a_Licious
@May 20th, 2004 - 2:28 pm
How did Anita die anyways? I have a bunch of HK Mags, but, due to my inability to read chinese, I , erm, well, don't understand anything...

I cant remember exactly but i think she died due to an illness...RIP Anita Mui she was a legend in Chinese music :(

I cant believe i didnt start this thread before! lol

I love all these Hing Kong singers and groups...Faye Wong and Sammi Cheng are my idols :woot:

I think Hong Kong celebrities have a lot of style in what they wear and are not afraid to wear anything that makes a statement :heart: :flower:
hmm I think Anita died of some sort of cancer(testicular?)Faye Wong has incredible talent as well B) [/b][/quote]
Testicular cancer?? Anita was a woman... :wink:

Anyone of you knows anything about the diet or "body shaping" institutes which are like masses in HK? The HK magazines are OVERFLOODED with those ads, and it "does" seem a little bit weird that all those actreses and singers are SO thin afterwards.... you think its real?

Originally posted by Street_a_Licious@May 26th, 2004 - 1:23 pm
Anyone of you knows anything about the diet or "body shaping" institutes which are like masses in HK? The HK magazines are OVERFLOODED with those ads, and it "does" seem a little bit weird that all those actreses and singers are SO thin afterwards.... you think its real?
A lot of Hong Kong actresses and singers are naturally slim or petite anyway :innocent: :flower:

i really hate it, but here's a pic of her! yay or nay, people?
0530enew04b1.jpg

niki chow
0530enew07b1.jpg

http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20040530...530enew07b1.jpg

miriam yeung
0530enew11b1.jpg

http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20040530...530enew11b1.jpg

kelly chen in dior haute couture. yay or nay?
0530enew22p1.gif

http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20040530...530enew22p1.gif

o and on the issue of their skinniness, i think it's part of those company and part of what they dont eat. :innocent: eg they r so pressured to be skinny that they might throw up food and etc + there are always slimming pills :shock: . i tried them too, but they are apparently not good for u, so i stopped! :yuk: thank god!!! :woot:

aaaw i love all the pictures posted by kimkhuu!THNX! they are so cute..

Originally posted by Street_a_Licious@May 20th, 2004 - 11:28 am
How did Anita die anyways? I have a bunch of HK Mags, but, due to my inability to read chinese, I , erm, well, don't understand anything...
God...i know this topic is SO old. but i had to jump in!

actually, anita mui died of pneumonia, one of the complications due to her long fight with OVARIAN cancer.

she truly was a style icon. and that voice of hers! simply gorgeous.

and back to the topic at hand, i love the hong kong style! all the stars are always so cute and of the moment.

I don't think that their style is weird, I think it is pretty cool! There are all ways
ahead of os!

Pinky Cheung!
0616enew02b1.jpg

Joey Yung
0616enew04b1.jpg

Kelly Chan and some dude!
0616enew07b1.jpg

Shirley Yeung & Sam H in a concert
0616enew01b2.jpg

Originally posted by Sephora_Socialite@May 20th, 2004 - 9:39 pm
:woot: YAY! Hong Kong style!...I always loved what I saw around Hong Kong..all the beautiful gals are wonderful dressers...

BUT....

I think its all Cosmopolitan areas of Asia...tokyo, seoul, hong kong, manila, teipei, singapore...all of good dressers...I always loved what people wore...thats one thing I miss- the interesting and vibrant styles of Asia....

there's a shop I go to in LA called Shabon owned by the cutest Korean girls and they always dress me up in the koolest vintage...they pair everything so funky like the Jap/Hong Kong style... :heart: :heart:
i agree! i miss singapore and Hk... i love those places!

where in LA is the shop Shabon u mentioned? im interested in going there =)

Totally my style, I dress the same way!! I LOVE IT all! love the hairstyle as well!

How about designers such as Aquavivareinponcho from Faccia di Culo in Hong Kong or Shanghai 1930 in Hong Kong. Also Grey in Bangkok is an out there designer. My Avitar is from their last show in August.

Some of the fashion especially for concerts are couture crazy and I appreciate that. However, when you include people like Twins and Cookies I almost died a little inside. For some odd reason I have no appreciation for fobbers... To me they are just so sterotypical that they are not interesting.

I loved Shu Qi's outfits in the movie The Transporter.....especially the one where she had layered tank tops underneath a backless sun-dress :heart:

Are there any special products Hong Kong stars use to keep their skin looking so porcelain? :flower:

Hong Kong Celebrities

i think Hong Kong celebrites have one of the best looks in asia

here are some famous celebrities refered as "heavenly Queens" or divas
sammi17.jpg

Sammi Cheng in Preen (from Yahoo)
sammi15.jpg

Sammi Cheng in Gucci (from Yahoo)
19.jpg

sammi in JPG i think (from ent.tom.com)
31.jpg

sammi in unkown dress (ent.tom.com)
NewsMedia_131847.jpg

also sammi
NewsMedia_131852.jpg

20040809H051.jpg
pclady.com
20040809H052.jpg

Kelly Chan in Dior haute couture at Cannes film Festival
23ec2p5.jpg
appledaily
0000000113_03.jpg

Do you see the SS 2004 couture gown behind? it is exhibited at the opening of dior boutique in Taiwan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->