Hottest Male Designer

If I remember rightly , Hedi had a ' fling ' , with Raf , NOT Xavier .
I have the copy of ARENA HOMME PLUS in which RAF discusses the ' affaire ' and its aftermath .
Since they obviously share their interest in ' garcons ' of a certain ' Je ne sais quoi ' , type , perhaps the pressure got TOO much within the short - lived relationship .

As for looks , Raf is somewhat open faced with slick straight hair , whereas Hedi goes for the ' Tin-Tin ' look , only to be expected with his French background .

By the way , I STILL think ATSURO TAYAMA is the VERY best looking of all .
I have never succomed to the ' playboy ' looks of TOM FORD .
He learned his lessons well from Bianca Jagger at Studio 54 ,in the late 70s , in her previous ' spoilt - b*tch ' incarnation , before she reinvented herself as the socially concerned UN ambassadress for the underprivileged , ( eat your heart out Gerry Halliwell ) . That's why TF's designs have NEVER strayed very far from this somewhat ' outre ' period , imho !

I'm afraid I'm somewhat TOO old and cynical to buy into the ' change ' .

Still , I'm off point . :blush:

ATSURO TAYAMA FOREVER , I say . :rolleyes:

KIT :innocent:

According to what I've heard from friends in Antwerpen,that description of Raf is on the nail,Space. Kit,was that Arena Homme + you saw his picture in? I'm surprised he actually let someone photograph him openly....in that Vogue story from a couple years ago,"Independent's Day",a friend who scouted the place touted that he was there underneath one of those hoods.

Chris*,no problem. Its easy to confuse with so many male designers who have a that similar style :wink:

I concur with you guys on Tom Ford. For one,I've seen better looking hairy-chested men--fashion or otherwise. And two,that unsavory attitude and his antics are what I really find more disgusting. That playboy schtick,indeed.

More designer hotties:

Tom Notte and Bart Vandebosch from Les Hommes
Jean-Paul Knott
Pascal Humbert
Brian Kirby from Boudicca
Hussein Chalayan
Hamish Morrow
Angelo Figus

:shock: are you serious?
i mean Angelo Fingus you must be joking scott*

hottest designer guy of all is -for me- Pascal Humbert :blush: :heart:

also:
*Xavier D. :heart:
*Helmut Lang :heart:
*Ennio Capasa (too straight) :heart:
*and ...Tomas Maier from Bottega Venetta (in a very erhhh :ninja: twisted way )
061404_8.jpg

:lol: What's wrong with Angelo? I think he's very handsome. Maybe not HOT,reeking of raw sexual magnitism....but in a sweet way he's very good-looking. Striking,I suppose one could say. Either way,he's married anyway so it probably doesn't matter much :P

I have eclectic taste in men so you shant be surprised :wink:

Pascal,though,is extremely good looking! If anybody has that playboy appeal,would be him,imho. He looks so much like those kinds of guys during the 70's.

Talking of sexual preference,the gay designer that I seriously have a thing for is,Lutz....as you know :brows:

Which reminds me,I completely forgot about Thomas Engel Hart!

I think this is Raf Simons.

Attachments

• raf.jpg
    raf.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 70
Originally posted by Scott+Jun 14th, 2004 - 1:02 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scott @ Jun 14th, 2004 - 1:02 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ykidkwis@Jun 13th, 2004 - 6:41 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Spike413
@Jun 11th, 2004 - 2:21 pm
Nicolas Ghesquiere-his boyfriends better looking

who is his boyfriend? Do you have a pic?
Make-up artist,James Kaliadros. [/b][/quote]
james-kaliardos%20pour%20L%27OREAL.jpg

UUy...me no like :ninja:

Originally posted by Alejandro+Jun 15th, 2004 - 12:20 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alejandro @ Jun 15th, 2004 - 12:20 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Scott@Jun 14th, 2004 - 1:02 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Spike413

Make-up artist,James Kaliadros.

UUy...me no like :ninja: [/b][/quote]
I don't particularly like him either, I just thing he's better looking then Nicolas.....

Tom Ford...definately :wub:

and John Galliano, phwor, theres always been a strange attraction to galliano for me, just something cute about him but sexy too.

Originally posted by Scott@Jun 15th, 2004 - 6:41 am
According to what I've heard from friends in Antwerpen,that description of Raf is on the nail,Space. Kit,was that Arena Homme + you saw his picture in? I'm surprised he actually let someone photograph him openly....in that Vogue story from a couple years ago,"Independent's Day",a friend who scouted the place touted that he was there underneath one of those hoods.

Chris*,no problem. Its easy to confuse with so many male designers who have a that similar style :wink:

I concur with you guys on Tom Ford. For one,I've seen better looking hairy-chested men--fashion or otherwise. And two,that unsavory attitude and his antics are what I really find more disgusting. That playboy schtick,indeed.

More designer hotties:

Jean-Paul Knott
Pascal Humbert
Hussein Chalayan
Hamish Morrow
Angelo Figus
SCOTT :heart:

NO pic with the ARENA article , but I DO have one somewhere in a continental mag - wide faced , sallow complexion , long lank hair , drawn across the face in a curtain , looks like a good meal would not go amiss !!!

Runner's pic COULD be him if we are talking the guy BEHIND , but with LONG hair .

PS

I have a short article on BOUDICCA from a UK mag .
You can have it with pleasure , if you PM me a contact name and address .

Originally posted by Spike413+Jun 15th, 2004 - 12:53 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spike413 @ Jun 15th, 2004 - 12:53 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Alejandro@Jun 15th, 2004 - 12:20 pm
Originally posted by Scott@Jun 14th, 2004 - 1:02 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Spike413

Make-up artist,James Kaliadros.

UUy...me no like :ninja:
I don't particularly like him either, I just thing he's better looking then Nicolas..... [/b][/quote]
I think Nicolas is better lookin' in a way...even though is not my kind cuteness :doh:

Originally posted by kit+Jun 15th, 2004 - 2:38 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kit @ Jun 15th, 2004 - 2:38 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Jun 15th, 2004 - 6:41 am

More designer hotties:

Jean-Paul Knott
Pascal Humbert
Hussein Chalayan
Hamish Morrow
Angelo Figus
SCOTT :heart:

NO pic with the ARENA article , but I DO have one somewhere in a continental mag - wide faced , sallow complexion , long lank hair , drawn across the face in a curtain , looks like a good meal would not go amiss !!!

Runner's pic COULD be him if we are talking the guy BEHIND , but with LONG hair .

PS

I have a short article on BOUDICCA from a UK mag .
You can have it with pleasure , if you PM me a contact name and address . [/b][/quote]
That blonde guy in the background there I know is the model who frequents Raf's runway. A friend of his,I think. I dunno,holding the banner,is that who you're pointing out Runner*? Its so weird,I never knew what he looked like because I was staying merely two blocks from his Atelier,otherwise I would have been on the look-out(a good way of saying stalking :lol: ) :P

I'm pretty sure I saw a video of Raf somewhere ... wasn't there a piece on him for FashionTV? I was a bit surprised that he'd let the cameras tape him like twas no big deal!

Oh ... and about
Ennio Capasa
I'm freaked! I just do not get how people can find him attractive! :blink:

Originally posted by kit@Jun 15th, 2004 - 3:38 pm

Kit, he wore his hair long indeed when I saw his picture and a video of him at the first runway show in the nineties.
the pic above was shot on the 29th November 2003, so I judged that the man wearing black t may be him, considering the passage of time. but I 'm not certain.

http://www.swisstextiles.ch/en/fairs/e_evt_gwand_2003.cfm

anyway I will post it which there is no doubt about. (somehow scanner is not work now)

by the way Scott, CCP AW/04 collection seems to include a variety of pieces for women after a long time.

from man's point of view, Carol Christian Poell looks cool.
Vincenzo De Cotiis (below) behind Haute as well.

Attachments

• vin2.jpg
    vin2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 4
Originally posted by runner+Jun 15th, 2004 - 11:53 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (runner @ Jun 15th, 2004 - 11:53 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kit@Jun 15th, 2004 - 3:38 pm

Runner's pic COULD be him if we are talking the guy BEHIND  , but with LONG hair .

KIT  :innocent:
Kit, he wore his hair long indeed when I saw his picture and a video of him at the first runway show in the nineties.
the pic above was shot on the 29th November 2003, so I judged that the man wearing black t may be him, considering the passage of time. but I 'm not certain.

http://www.swisstextiles.ch/en/fairs/e_evt_gwand_2003.cfm

anyway I will post it which there is no doubt about. (somehow scanner is not work now)

by the way Scott, CCP AW/04 collection seems to include a variety of pieces for women after a long time.

from man's point of view, Carol Christian Poell looks cool.
Vincenzo De Cotiis (below) behind Haute as well. [/b][/quote]
Runner

Raf is the one behind , wearing a blue blouson , deffo . B)

The pic I have of him with LONG hair , is from VOGUES HOMMES INTERNATIONAL from the late 90s , so it all chimes in . There was also a pic of Dirk Bikkembergs . :flower:

I think RAF and Xavier are doing a Martin Margiela , in preserving their artistic integrity and letting their designs speak for them , NOT their appearance !!!
How utterly unlike the attitude of our own dear Tom Ford , to subvert a famous phrase ( about Queen Victoria - ' how unlike the attitude of our own dear Queen ' .
I hope you catch the irony and relevance !!!!! B) B) B)

Sorry I cannot get to it as I'm very restricted in movement , at the moment , and will be for some months , but I WILL uncover it when I can move and lift my vast archive of Mags , cuttings etc etc . :blush:

The guy in the black T-shirt and white jacket must be a friend model etc .

Regards

Kit,click on that link of Runner's and you'll see that the guy behind is actually one of the model's-- whose name is Robbie,I remembered.

I'm almost certain the man in the black t'shirt is Raf.

Runner*,CCP does look cool. And thanks for letting me know about the women's...do you know where to find it?

Originally posted by Scott@Jun 16th, 2004 - 1:36 pm
Kit,click on that link of Runner's and you'll see that the guy behind is actually one of the model's-- whose name is Robbie,I remembered.

I'm almost certain the man in the black t'shirt is Raf.

Runner*,CCP does look cool. And thanks for letting me know about the women's...do you know where to find it?

Agreed Scott :heart:

But the pic I mentioned of Raf looks nothing like him here .
MUST be the lack of long hair !!! :cry:

Still , you can see what Hedi was attracted to !!! :o

Eat your heart out Kaiser Karl !!! ( Or don't as it COULD be fattening !!! ) . :rolleyes:

Kit :flower:

I was just going to say,that my journalistic friend in Antwerpen,confirmed that was indeed him. She knows just about every designer there so I trust her word.

From what I see,he's very good-looking and very much in vein with the style of his work. So yes,I can what Hedi saw in him B)

Originally posted by kit@Jun 16th, 2004 - 3:49 pm

But the pic I mentioned of Raf looks nothing like him here .
MUST be the lack of long hair !!! :cry:
furthermore he used to be much more angular.

Scott, as far as I know right now, the small collection will be available at Lift and MinorityRev.
but the stores are in Japan.

http://www.minorityrev.com/minority/20042005/index.html

As for Lift, they will certainly ship to you.

L'Eclaireur carried womens pieces till S/S 2002, so I think there's a possibility that they will.

Hedi & Raf???!!!
If I remember well Raf used to date Veronique Branquinho.
Does he 'swing'? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
afates
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->