House of Holland S/S 09 London

I think the fact that he gets any attention with this rubbish is hilarious.

I have to admit, I like the Levi's he did, other than that, hell no.
The biggest disgust to me is the sheer dress with the circles over the boobs and crotch (I don't even want to know what the back looks like or what it looks like when she sits down).
I commend him for getting away from the 80's but he took what was WRONG with the 90's and made it into a collection. I love the 90's but this made me relive the horrors of what I didn't like.

Why does everyone talks like he invented the slogan T-shirt? There was absolutely nothing original about them but the slogan itself, and creating what considered in certain quarters as a witty slogan does not make a fashion designer in my book.quote]

Thats exactly my point. I don't know what your knowledge of east london circa 2006 is like, but it heavily influenced myself and fellow students at Saint Martins. Henrys t-shirt idea as unoriginal it may be was reinvented to mean and signify a period and way of life in history and that alone is a visionary act. It captured the essence of a very exciting time in London, and unlike his peers Gareth Pugh, Giles Deacon etc he may not go on to contribute anything visually significant as a designer, but it irrates me to see people dismiss what he has done for London in recent years. As I had said before I do believe his notoriety could be put to better use in another area of the industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->