House of Holland S/S 09 London

The worst thing about this collection is the shoes. They look like spraypainted bricks.As if the collection wasnt ugly enough they had to put Agyness in and nail any chance of this collection looking 1% decent. I need a psychiatrist after something like this.

this looks too ... italian

and not in a good way

Please! Henry Holland wishes he has even an ounce of talent compared to Italian designers. Italian designers may make some pretty tacky fashion sometimes but they do it well, I know it sounds crazy but they know how to do good tacky. This stuff is just a pile of crap.

Oh?

What bothers me most is the hideous backdrop. I think I would've attempted to take it seriously without it.

To give the boy credit he is trying something different..... But I would tend to agree that it's not really working out. The t-shirts that gave Henry fame in the first place must not lose credit to the rubbish he has been showing since. Henry's t-shirt designs defined another extraordinary and exciting period in British fashion which is likely to be revisited and referenced for many years to come, but perhaps the notoriety he gained from this could have been put to better use in another area of the fashion industry. So far I would have to say it's been a fantastic week for London, speaking first hand, during my visit to the british fashion council tents, and experiencing the vibe in and around town at various events, I truly believe this is the beginning of a very significant come back for a week thats often over shadowed by its counterparts. I still for the life of me cannot work out why although the most influential editors are British for example Anna Wintour, Alexandra Shulman, Micheal Roberts, Suzy Menkes, Hamish Bowles, Grace Coddington, Glenda Bailey, Lucy Yeomens et al they are not supporting London to the extent it needs. I can see no reason why London couldn't be as important if not the most important of the fashion weeks on the international calender. We just need McQueen, Galliano, Burberry, Westwood, McCartney, Chalayan, Williamson, Saunders, Pugh and every other St Martins Graduate to return and show the world the relevance and power British fashion has in todays society!

in post number 2 the first outfit the shorts have holes on the sides?!?!? wtf? ewwww that's just totally wrong

. The t-shirts that gave Henry fame in the first place must not lose credit to the rubbish he has been showing since. Henry's t-shirt designs defined another extraordinary and exciting period in British fashion which is likely to be revisited and referenced

Why does everyone talks like he invented the slogan T-shirt? There was absolutely nothing original about them but the slogan itself, and creating what considered in certain quarters as a witty slogan does not make a fashion designer in my book.
Fashion is indeed vain, that's he only explanation to me why those shirts that to me look like an 80s throwback could have been so popular.

I surprisingly dont hate it as his previous work, but its a downer, most of the looks look like that Kenley from Project Runway would design.

He's about a year too late on the floral bandwagon....other than that nothing else deserves any comments.

yes,the flora chiffon things looks not that bad(despite a bit tacky).
and the rest is just a JOKE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhhh Oh My God
So So So So So Cute!!!!!
I Want Every Outfit!!!!!

Ahh I Love Every Thing Mr. Henry Holland Makes !!!

Thank You So Much For Posting!!!

One would have to be born in the early 90's to perhaps appreciate all the sheer ugliness of oversized polka dots and oversized florals.
By the way, hideous yet meaningless work by faux designers like this do nothing to bolster London's fashion week.
What a sad waste of time and money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->