How do you feel about solid perfume?

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by meme527, Oct 7, 2010.

1. meme527

meme527 New Member

Hello All:

I have been a member of the Fashion Spot for years, and am now launching a new venture as an artisan natural perfumer.Ny company is "Pomegranate, Lotus and Plum", and I make a line of natural perfume, without synthetics or chemicals.

I love solid perfume and am expanding that line - have any of you tried solid perfume? I noticed Tom Ford's "Black Orchid" is offered as a solid, and I wondered how people feel about them - do you like them as an alternative? Prefer them to spray perfume? Which ones do you like?

Thanks!

2. blackkohl

blackkohl Member

I understand the convenience of carrying a solid perfume but the idea has never really appealed to me. My friend has a solid perfume (Daisy by Marc Jacobs) and she carries it around in her handbag and uses it throughout the day. It's very nice, and it does make applying perfume on-the-go much easier; I know that I would never want to carry a bottle of my favourite perfume around in my bag in case the worst happened and it smashed. However, I don't think solid perfume will ever replace bottled perfume.

3. lifeistiffanyblu

lifeistiffanyblu New Member

I personally carry my perfume bottle with me everywhere I go. I find solid perfumes a bit more messy (Fingers etc) and just don't get the same experience as when I spritz some of my fave perf....it just feels a lot more refreshing, reviving. I know a lot of people though that love solid perfumes.

4. Aquila

Aquila New Member

I think solid perfumes are quite convenient. Sometimes I can be a bit sensitive to stronger perfumes and it is easier to be able to put it on my skin without having to spray it in the air, if that makes sense. I know that Lola by Marc Jacobs has a solid perfume ring.

5. loonaka

loonaka Active Member

I like the idea :buzz: I always forget to put on perfume and I don't like having a glass bottle in my bag. I've never tried solid perfume tho, but I would if I could find one^^