Perfume bottle broken - what to do with perfume?

rainglow

Reaction score
One of my favourite bottles of perfume fell out of the bathroom cabinet today and the a big chunk at the corner of the bottle smashed off :( Can anybody think of anything I can do with the perfume because it's going to oxidise now that it's expsosed to the air and be useless! I don't have another bottle to put it in unfortunately. Has anyone ever used perfume for anything but their bodies? Can you dilute it and use it as water for your linens/ ironing? Any suggestions? I know this is a bit random but I can't fork out for another bottle and I really do love it! :flower:

Ive got an atomospere (sp ?) from boots which is a smaller bottle that you put perfume in to carry it around in your bag rather then a big bottle. So maybe you could buy a few of them maybe ??

That's a great idea! Are they part of their range of travel-size bottles? I have a few of their little screwtop jars for moisturisers and they're brilliant and cheap as chips :D

yeah i was toing to suggest that...just buy an empty container...it must be glass though or it'll diffuse and take on some of the chemicals of a plastic container and won't be the same... :flower:

oh that sucks...hope you find a way to make a good use of the perfume

off topic: i don't think you should keep perfume in your bathroom because of the temperature variations and and humidity in there. it can change the incur irreversible changes of the perfume characteristics (e.g. loss of top notes or increase the speed of its degradation)

dsq makes a good point - its best to keep perfume in a closed, dark space with a fairly steady temperature (dresser vs. bathroom).

just decant the remaqider into a metal atomiser- something usually used for travel. muji is usually good for this..

Not to sound stupid but how would you get the perfume into the atomiser? I'm sure you don't have to pump it spray by spray. I've never had to do this so I'm kinda clueles.s

i'm sure your after something like this (from muji)- note the refil kit..
4547315276776.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->