How Has Jacquemus Outpaced Other Independent Brands?

nationalsalt

Reaction score
Apparently Puig bought a 10% stake in his company which he later took back from them, but even this seems a relatively small boost for a fledgling brand.

While countless contemporaries have fallen by the wayside, how has Jacquemus managed to stay on top and succeed so wildly? I have a few ideas;

- The Le Chiquito being the rare kind of viral cash cow (like the Telfar shopper) that funds the majority of the business.

- His brand identity - effortless, sexy sunshine, South of France vacation vibes - is clear, aspirational and easy to understand. (I doubt his physical appearance hurts either.)

- Clever and consistent marketing methods which help the brand stay at the forefront of customers' minds.

- ...Or a combination of all three factors.

What do you think sets him apart from other indie brands who struggle to reach the same success?

^^
You answered your on question lol.

The positioning of the house is also important. Jacquemus is a contemporary brand. They are only trying to elevate it now.

Jacquemus is not ashamed of being a business savvy person. He worked at retail at CDG and I think it has helped him tremendously, with the fact that he has a commerce-sensibility.

He is a good merchandiser and he understand the fashion industry. He can sell a ton of bags and sweatshirts through E-commerce. He understand that today, the proximity to luxury is something people aspire to…So having a store Avenue Montaigne plays on the perception people have of his brand (even if the quality don’t match).

The problem is that he has to stay on top now and it’s maybe time to turn up the fashion machine.

One other person who also has had a great success is Alexandre Mattiussi with AMI. There’s a great sense of « honesty » and « reliability » in their branding.

I don’t understand Wales Bonner, Martine Rose, Craig Green and other brands.
There are key words you can easily attach to Jacquemus or AMI.

^^
You answered your on question lol.

The positioning of the house is also important. Jacquemus is a contemporary brand. They are only trying to elevate it now.

Jacquemus is not ashamed of being a business savvy person. He worked at retail at CDG and I think it has helped him tremendously, with the fact that he has a commerce-sensibility.

He is a good merchandiser and he understand the fashion industry. He can sell a ton of bags and sweatshirts through E-commerce. He understand that today, the proximity to luxury is something people aspire to…So having a store Avenue Montaigne plays on the perception people have of his brand (even if the quality don’t match).

The problem is that he has to stay on top now and it’s maybe time to turn up the fashion machine.

One other person who also has had a great success is Alexandre Mattiussi with AMI. There’s a great sense of « honesty » and « reliability » in their branding.

I don’t understand Wales Bonner, Martine Rose, Craig Green and other brands.
There are key words you can easily attach to Jacquemus or AMI.

Such good points! If only other (better) young designers were as business-savvy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agetyuter
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->