How much cleavage is too much?

southerncutie

Reaction score
What's the line of too much cleavage? As someone who frequently has to not wear things because I feel uncomfortable with the amount of skin, I was wondering what everyone thought. Like tonight, I'm wearing a green dress that is low cut, but not to the point of obscene- and i'll be taping myself so it won't fall off :innocent: but what does everyone else think?

There's nothing wrong with showing cleavage, as long as it remains classy. But the problem is that is can easily turn trashy. Some people (Ex.: a fake blond hair tanned girl with frosted pink lipstick) will NEVER be able to look classy while showing cleavage (and while not showing any as well, but, hey that's a different story....). It also has to do with the outfit you're going for. And remember if you're showing too much (which means not only the cleavage, but your dress is too short) you'll obviously end up looking tacky.

Here it is done the RIGHT WAY:

mbarton.jpg

kholmes.jpg
hswank2.jpg

I think you can get away with showing more cleavage if you have a smaller bust than if you have a large one.

I have a large cup size, and I'd feel like a Pamela Anderson/Carmen Electra wanna-be if I wore something that showed a lot of breast.

It can be overpowering, overtly sexy in a very unsexy way, and not very elegant to look at imo.

Hanne said:
I think you can get away with showing more cleavage if you have a smaller bust than if you have a large one.

I have a large cup size, and I'd feel like a Pamela Anderson/Carmen Electra wanna-be if I wore something that showed a lot of breast.

It can be overpowering, overtly sexy in a very unsexy way, and not very elegant to look at imo.
I agree, in many cases you can see a smaller busted women in a low cut top or dress and it looks good, not trashy or tasteless. But a woman with an ample bust really doesn't need to wear something very low or revealing because rather then highlight her curves it makes them look rediculous.

i wore the dress- it was to like one inch above my knee and i wore flats with it- it showed some cleavage, but not a lot.... towards the end of the night though, i was sweaty so my bra would drop down and i looked like i sagged a little... but it went over well

I think some clevage is okay and if you have a really plunging one, you generally have to be pretty flat and a nice breastbone. I like wearing halters and Marilyn's, so I'm glad that I'm pretty flat. Just as long as it's not done like Tara Reid above.

Pretty much if I want to look classy since I have a larger bust area, I need to wear something that goes above an inch where my cleavage begins.

However a little bit can work.

Being virtually cleavage-free myself I can't speak from personal experience, but a friend once informed me of the "guy-line" test: if, when speaking with members of the opposite sex, you notice your conversation partners spending more time staring at your chest than at your face, you're probably showing too much cleavage. :wink:

never have the problem of too much cleavage no matter how hard i try! ;]
droog fatal flaw! what if they're staring anyway & you're fully covered?
i have friends who complain about this. men!
:lol:

I can never get clothes to fit me i have rediculously small and narrow sholders :( so as a result when i were low cut tops they tend to flop about quite abit .. so im always showing to much clevedge :ninja: :( hehe its not nice.

i think that showing a LOT of cleavage is extremely unflattering and also actually distracting...

i think it is hard for people to focus on your face when presented with two giant bosoms...and so they do not hear much of what you are saying...

*so...
if ....you have something to say-
i would say modesty is the best policy...
if .... on the other hand....
you are empty-headed and you don't want anyone to notice...
get naked...!!!...

:woot:................................:lol:.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing to show here even if I tried......

I agree that size does matter. Unfortunately, larger-breasted women will have the problem of little *ahem* accidents so it's safer to cover up a bit more.

you are hilarious, softgrey...
i am entirely with you, susie + chanel + droogist...
the only cleavage i have to show is toe cleavage! :lol:
(which i think can be very sexy, btw)

I only like the kind of cleavage that shows skin, not volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->