How much cleavage is too much?

i_<3_chanel said:
droog fatal flaw! what if they're staring anyway & you're fully covered?
Hmm...wait for them to grow out of puberty (mental or otherwise), then try it again...? :rolleyes: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: we may be here forever? ;]
calexico i'm also a fan of toe cleavage. haha
some people really hate it though, for some reason?

:lol:..

you guys are fantastic!!!...:heart:...
:kiss:...

**i'm in the toe cleavage club as well...
:P

As one of the Dolly Parton-esque chest club, we don't all mean to look trashy :(

But a lot of high necklines make larger chested girls look matronly...

Personally, I think a reasonably low v is fine, if worn with tailored trousers or a pencil skirt.

I draw the line at showing cleavage when a skirt is above the knee though...

People pay a lot of money for boobs like mine - I may aswell make the best of them :wink: :D

softgrey said:
i think that showing a LOT of cleavage is extremely unflattering and also actually distracting...

i think it is hard for people to focus on your face when presented with two giant bosoms...and so they do not hear much of what you are saying...

*so...
if ....you have something to say-
i would say modesty is the best policy...
if .... on the other hand....
you are empty-headed and you don't want anyone to notice...
get naked...!!!...

:woot:................................:lol:.......

I have a feeling that's going to be the second (or third, depending on how you look at 'em) thing they'll notice, though :wink:

Saw this thread and had to mention what I saw yesterday in a business environment ... a wrap top revealed no, not cleavage, but *the entire inner profile of the breast* ... everything but the tip. *Now* I've seen it all ... :shock: :shock: :shock:

:huh: :doh:

:innocent:

Cleavage is great. But it can be excess depending on the situation or occasion.

Well this is tricky because i dont mind seeing a woman that has a huge cleavage but knows how to handle it if you know what i mean!:lol:
But when it comes to me i follow:

I like my clothes to be tight enough to show I'm a woman... but loose enough to show I'm a lady Rule!:lol:

When your boobs are kinda big, I find it tasteful to keep cleavage low key. I don´t like talking to somebody and having her boobies in my face. But it´s a matter of personal choices.
Sometimes it can work, but most of the times too much cleavage in display is just a call for comments.

I never show too much cleavage. Or much cleavage at all. Just not a fan of the comments that go with it from all the pervs out there. If something makes me uncomfortable then that's it. I think if you can pull it off good on you :smile:

TheGlassAngel said:
Sigh...Tara Reid is like a walking 'Don't end up like me' warning sign

Ha ha ha so true! :lol:

But I agree with everyone, too much cleavage showing could be gawky and and inappropriate, especially if htey have large breasts. A little can go a long way, you know. :smile:

I think if you have to ask if it's too much cleavage, it probably is. If I find myself wondering, "Is this appropriate?" or "Does this match/look okay?", I change.

i feel so bad everytime Ilook at her..I mean,,wow she really needs a stylist..her skin,hair,makeup clothes never look right!! she was soo cute in Josie and the pussycats....anyways the point is.. she has bad cleavage

I'm so glad I found this thread...I had a little incident yesterday. I wore a slightly large fitting top which incidentally showed more of my boobies than I thought. I knew the top was big so I tried my best to adjust it the way I could. Well someone patient at my job decided they want to fill out a comment card saying that my clothes were inappropriate and that men were ogling me in the line......Um, she and her husband were the only people in lines so I guess she got mad because her husband was looking at my boobs. She tried to get me in trouble over this and it pissed me off. I was not trying to show any cleavage at work, but nevertheless a baggy top and ample boobies is a no no. There's really no point to this story other than it has to deal with cleavage and the client pissed me off.

dlg

Oh my goodness DLG...I'm totally with you...I'm p**sed off just hearing that story.:angry: Grr. People could be so closed-minded and sexist. A similar thing happened to me when I was showing NOTHING. People will just make things up to pick on.

The amount of appropriate cleavage depends on so many factors; the time, place, occasion, who will see it (how it will be interpreted), behavior and attitude of the wearer, figure of the wearer, and how tastefully it's done. No set rules.

There are so many different kinds of cleavage, and we doers and viewers should keep that in mind:

It can have a fresh, clean and bright feeling when done right.
It could visually balance out an outfit.
I even think cleavage can highlight the intellectuality or cultural sophistication of the wearer.
There's powerful cleavage.
There's the natural-woman cleavage.
I once heard the phrase "stoic decolleté" referring to flat-chested women wearing ballerina-like very open tops. I liked that phrase.
I've seen many very elegant elderly European women wear deep v-neck knits with pearls and a long silk scarf for example to highlight a little cleavage. It's a very sophisticated look. (Sadly, Japanese women of a certain age would NEVER be seen dead doing that...)
...and on.

^ Well thanks for the sympathy cause I wasn't sure if I had the right to be upset or not. I wasn't doing it on purpose, I wasn't flirting with any men or her husband. Granted I was at work in a professional setting, but I didn't mean any harm.

dlg

^ dlg, as long as you have a clear conscience, don't be unduly upset about what other people think.
i_<3_chanel said:
:lol: we may be here forever? ;]
calexico i'm also a fan of toe cleavage. haha
some people really hate it though, for some reason?
I don't HATE toe cleavage but I'd rather not have it. :P

With smaller boobs, you can get away with lower / more plunging necklines (except you gotta be careful that the necklines fit well) but with bigger boobs, you should cover up more especially since I feel that for those with bigger boobs, no matter how much you cover up, they (i.e the hormonally charged dudes) will still stare.

Lastly, if you feel uncomfortable, then it's too low because what's too low for one may not be too low for another.

While at work the other day a girl in her twenties came in with a bright pink lyrca plunging top. That was bad cleavage indeed. She must have been about a 40f or something. Why? What does it say about you other than something negative. You wouldn't see a man wearing a tiny pair of skin tight shorts while shopping so there's no excuse for women to do similar :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->