How To Accessorize?

lovespell

Reaction score
So prom is in 30 days. I have my dress (white bias satin with entirely open back), and I have my hairstyle (flapper waves). But no accessories. No jewelry, no shoes, no handbag. I am realllyyyyy lost with the jewelry, since I never wear any. I was going to order a pair of silver ballet flats, but now that my boyfriend dumped me, my new prom date is TALL. So I get to wear heels. :woot:

But how do I pull all of this together? What type of shoes, what type of jewelry, what kind of handbag?

In Vogue, with Natelie Portman, she has a flapper hairstyle and is lounging in a white dress. She doesn't have any earrings on, or a necklace, just a tone of diamond bracelets. I really liked that. :heart:

I'm lost. :unsure:

I'd go for pearls, they're beautiful, classic and perfectly fit the look you're going for. I think your outfit so far sounds fabulous, by the way- I can't wait to hear how it goes! B)

Not for prom, but I thought I'd share this. Grace Kelly soon to become a princess... :blush:

Wonderful pictures purplelucrezia. :flower:

I did a little shopping today.

I bought an evening bag that is encrusted with beads and pearls. My earrings are silver chandeliers with pearls and diamonds. And my bracelet is diamonds, very thick, like a cuff. Since they are so flashy, I didn't get a necklace.

Still haven't found shoes. I suppose they should be silver? Or would pale pink be okay?

What do you think of these?

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/a...YZZZ&rfnbr=1204

What's the fun if everything matches too well? I really like the idea of pink shoes. The butterfly adds a whimsical touch. :flower:

This Clara Bow picture is very much like my outfit:
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/clara.bow/scansb/bow/bowc23.jpg

If your dress resembles that pic, it must be hot. You definitely have to post pics when prom actually happens. I think the jewelry that you've gotten sounds great... I like the shoes, but not for your prom (after hearing what you're wearing so far)... I'd probably stick to a more simple heel.. that way the focus is more on your dress.

I'd probably go for something more simple like this (also from VS.)

V232754.jpg

in silver.

Oooh! You should totally get those little butterfly sandals! They are so cute. Girlie and delicate and wonderful for prom.

The Clara Bow picture is sweet, too. If that is what your dress is like, then you will look heavenly. I love 1930s styles :smile:

Purple--you have a great stock of pictures that you post. You must be in posession of an ace digital lookbook. I am thorougly impressed and inspired by those 1920s photos you have posted. I've been in the midst of drafting a wedding dress for a customer and have gotten some cool ideas for the trim that I will suggest to her.

Originally posted by As You Like It@Feb 28th, 2004 - 5:13 pm
Purple--you have a great stock of pictures that you post. You must be in posession of an ace digital lookbook. I am thorougly impressed and inspired by those 1920s photos you have posted. I've been in the midst of drafting a wedding dress for a customer and have gotten some cool ideas for the trim that I will suggest to her.
Just corbis.com :wink: And I usually delete them as soon as they're posted...
If you like 1920s fashion you might want to look up this site.
http://www.nejlikan.ac/lgh34/
It's my newest discovery and I love it! :P
Your outfit sounds fantastic lovespell, I can't wait to see the finished product! I kind of agree with luna about the butterfly shoes though. I have a feeling they might overpower the dress, but that's just me. I really like that Clara Bow picture you posted, I'm sure you'll have an amazing prom! B)

I love the pearls in those pics :heart: the dior bag is absolutely gorgeous

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->