My Prom Dress....but What To Wear W/ It?

Discussion in 'More Accessories' started by pineapple, Apr 7, 2004.

1. pineapple

pineapple New Member

My high school prom is coming up. I'm wearing this dress:[​IMG]

I kind of want to put my hair up in one of those really pretty styles and put a matching red flower in my hair, preferably a fake flower. (Kind of similar to a Hawaii style) I was looking at some BCBG satin flowers. That would be ideal. However, since I was looking online I wasn't sure if the color would actually match.

Any suggestions on a hairstyle and flower?

2. chocsta

chocsta New Member

How long is your hair? :flower:

3. pineapple

pineapple New Member

it's a little past my shoulders, sideswept bangs (much like the girl in the picture I posted.)

4. chocsta

chocsta New Member

it's a little past my shoulders, sideswept bangs (much like the girl in the picture I posted.) [/b][/quote]
    I think it could look good if you put your hair up in a messy bun, that would go really well with the flower and it would stay put :)

Nice dress by the way ;)

5. i_<3_chanel

i_<3_chanel elementary.

i think it would look fab if you tied your hair up in a messy chignon . . :heart:
    not sure about the flower . . whatever floats your boat :flower:

6. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

If it were me I wouldnt wear a necklace because there is so much already going on up top. But what would probbaly look cute is some chandaler(spelling?) earings in gold with diamonds. ( i think gold but i couldnt tell the color of the beading up top.) Hope you have fun!!! ;)

7. pineapple

pineapple New Member

Yay! Well, I bought a pair of lovely chandelier earrings today. I was thinking they'd be perfect w/ the dress but I wasn't too sure if it would look too busy so I played it safe and bought a pair of small chandelier earrings.

Unfortunately, I think that a bigger size would be more fitting. I can't seem to find a pair of silver/rhinestone/diamond chandelier earrings that are big enough to suit my tastes locally. Anybody have any suggestions for some lovely chandelier earrings?

B.T.W., Nixon, the detailing on the dress is all silver. No gold. :)

8. mode_addict

mode_addict New Member

i'm something more sleek, pulled back... i'm thinking gucci... maybe with a messybun but a really sleek pulled back look.

9. tinker_bell1988

tinker_bell1988 New Member

Sorry, I have no suggestions on the hair or flowers, but I just wanted to say it's a pretty dress. I like it! :D

10. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

Yay! Well, I bought a pair of lovely chandelier earrings today. I was thinking they'd be perfect w/ the dress but I wasn't too sure if it would look too busy so I played it safe and bought a pair of small chandelier earrings.

Unfortunately, I think that a bigger size would be more fitting. I can't seem to find a pair of silver/rhinestone/diamond chandelier earrings that are big enough to suit my tastes locally. Anybody have any suggestions for some lovely chandelier earrings?

B.T.W., Nixon, the detailing on the dress is all silver. No gold. :) [/b][/quote]
    Ok well yes i think big chandaler earrings would be better and in like a silver or platinum...platinum maybe be a little to heavy for the ears though. Im sure Tiffany's has some cute chandaler earring or maybe even cartier! If you cant spend that much money if you live in the US i would reccomend like a foleys, Dillards, Filenes, Nortdstroms, or saks. Those should carry big silver chandaler earring! Tell us what you decide to do! :)