How to press your pigments - broken eyeshadow

daniellat

Fashion Designer
Reaction score
After some time browsing on the web for make up and make up tips i came across a tutorial for pressing your pigments!

i think most of us have found that sometimes loose pigments are hard to apply, they fall over your cheeks or are too messy to work with, even storage can be hell sometimes if not closed properly. And the best use is for the broken eyeshadows! you can get them back on shape even if theyre pretty much destroyed.

this tutorial is foolproof, sort of, well it looks really easy and after looking up for other tutoriasl this recipe looks the best and easiest and all claim they work even better than loose, the colors are more vivid and bold.

things youll need
1-1.jpg

1. MAC pigments or similar
2. Alcohol (sounds weird but it works because it evaporates so quickly, and its just for mixing btw)
3. little spoon (a little spatula may work better)
4. little bowl (id go even smaller with the size of the bowl)
5.Empty refills

Now mix two spoons of pigments and one of alcohol (it all depends on the size of your refill but keep the proportion)

2222.jpg

Put the mixture on the refills

333.jpg

If there are some waves you can use a crochet needle or something like that to flatten them

444.jpg

Youll have to wait until the alcohol evaporates, it may be from overnight to 24hrs and then you are ready to press it.

You can use a coin whatever the size of refill you are using. just put a light weight fabric between your eyeshadow and the coin or even a piece of tissue paper and press it, really hard, you may use clamps for this purpose.

Sanstitre-24.jpg

And ta dah! its pretty easy, isnt it?

pigmentspresss-1.jpg

mundorecetas.com

I found some nice (and cheap) empty palettes

Empty15.jpg

this one is from www.coastalscents.com and it retails for $7.95. but you can find them pretty much everywhere, i found some other on ebay too.

Thank you so so so much! I just recently dropped one of my fav eyeshadows and it shattered into all of these pieces. Now I can fix it! You are my saviorrrr!

:heart:

^Same, again and again for me. I'm always dropping things and knocking things over. Thank you so much for this information. I've never even considered trying to salvage eyeshadow before.

I've used this method and it's awesome. It's sort of addicting -- I almost wished I had more broken shadows to press! :smile:
I wonder if this would work the same with bronzer.. I dropped my Nars compact last week..

it works with most of things that are fine powders so i assume it will work. ive used it with different types of eye shadows some were more fine that others so i think it will work just fine with bronzer. tell us how it went =)

may the force be with you, daniellat. my cat threw a while back two eyeshadows that i love, and they're impossible to apply, i shall try this.
ps. my cat didn't have a hard time applying it, as he revolved into the powder that had left the case. needless to say, it took me hours to get it off him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->