Htc Belts

tangerine

Soviet Camaro
Reaction score
Hollywood Trading Company (HTC) makes some pretty colorful belts. Have you seen them, and if so what do you think of them? I saw them in Neiman Marcus. I like them but they are pretty pricey at around US $200. :wink:

products.gif

I like them. The price comes from quality I hope... because the design is common. Works well with the western wear going on now... (wow, anyone catch that alliteration? WOOHOO!)

All aboard for alliteration! :lol:

To be honest, I did not see anything special about the quality of leather or hardware... I think the high price is for being handmade, and exclusivity. Mostly the latter.

:smile:

Greetings,

I would like to introduce myself as the founder of Hollywood Trading Company.

Originally, I started playing around making studded belts out of old used leather belts for myself in 1995, not the punk style but rather the more colorful ones for myself. My friends and clients from Japan (vintage store owners) thought the belts were fun and asked me where I got them. They asked me if I could make them one or two. I did and when they brought them back to Japan they were getting some interest in them. So, they asked me to start selling them. Now after almost 10 years I have some folks helping me make them.

Anyways, we really do use only the very best materials possible like real glass jewels, heavy brass buckles, heavy leather straps and real nickle plated brass studs. We give the studs and buckle a real natural oxidized patina AND we still make'em right here in L.A.. I am very proud of the work we do and we get knocked off all the time. It used to bother me, but I know I have become very accepting and at peace with it.

The really affordable ones you may have seen are typically imported from Asia using very affordable labor and materials including steel studs, plastic jewels and thin leather. For young people still in school, our belts would be hard to afford and thats O.K. The knock-offs are perfect for people who just want the "look of the moment"

The people that into our HTC belts have shared with us that they sometimes have several and can litterally wear them for years and years.

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to tell our story.

Respectfully,

Zip Stevenson
Creative Director,
Hollywood Trading Company
4474 West Adams Blvd.
2nd Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90016

323-732-4046
323-732-4009 Fax

[email protected]

http://media.excite.co.jp/daily/wednesday/030924/index.html

i see some very good similar ones at winners for only 20 bucks or so. i dont think these are worth 200.

Originally posted by ziphtc@Oct 1 2004, 04:08 PM
:smile:

Greetings,

I would like to introduce myself as the founder of Hollywood Trading Company.

nice to have you here i love your store!

HTC fetish

brand: HTC - Hollywood Trading Company :rolleyes:

product: Accesories (belts)

style: punk/glamour fetish

There is an existing thread on this by Tangerine. The owner of HTC replied to that thread.

right on!!...thanks for the link...merging now...:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->