i-D Magazine March 2009 : The Best Of British by Sølve Sundsbø

i got my hair cut short like Naomi's today...and just saw this cover 5 seconds ago, so i feel better about my hair & i'm biased towards hers :D Lily's is good, to me she never looks bad.

Stella's looks the best individually, very classy & something that would look great on your coffee table, and I don't even like her as a model. Seems with all these covers that if you didn't cover your winking eye with something, you look a bit dense (as much as i love Jourdan..the more i look at her cover, the more the wink bugs me)

Daisy's is SO BAD & i relish in saying that...horrible angle/makeup for her, she looks dead.

I really like Twiggys :heart: I didn't realise it was her to start with. That's the one I want. There's something incredibly off with Jourdans

Actually, I was browsing the UK Vogue's 90th birthday issue and I was shocked that she didn't feature in any of the eds, nor in most of their past special UK issues, so it doesn't surprise me that she wasn't on i-D either.Too bad really, she's one of my favourite british models.

My fav cover is Jourdan's.I don't think I'll ever see a bad picture of her.

Last edited by a moderator:
England is the best at promoting its models. (Germany, Australia and Brazil are good with that too). I don't know if I like it or hate. On the one hand, it's great to raise the profiles of your models, get people into fashion, etc. On the other hand, I feel bad for models from other countries who don't have that benefit.

I think I'm just jealous that there's nobody to promote my girls.
Also, US magazines take notice. Instead of putting Eva Mendes or Nicole Kidman for the 457th time, how about grooming your own models?

Just wanted to say to this..i agree someewhat, but the British is a whole different case, IMO. I think the british are more hip to fashion and more of a fashion community. The states are completely different...US doesn't care about their models, unfortunately. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...somehow I'm not too fond of any of them :( If I had to chose, I'd go for Twiggy I guess. Fresh and sweet. And I totally agree with what has been said about Eden, Lily C & Karen - they totally would have deserved a cover aswell! Especially in contrast to Daisy, Alice or Eliza :ninja: sorry, but I really could've done without their faces on this..

aggy's cover is the BEST for me! so CHIC! i also love kate's, stella's, and lily's. :smile: too bad i won't be able to purchase a copy of this 'cause it not available here in philippines. :(

I'm so pleased that I don't collect i-D.. I would have such a hard time choosing! :shock: :brows:

This is seriously amazing :heart: Jourdan, Kate, Alice, Lily, Agyness, I really don't know which one to get. I usually also love Daiys, but her cover doesn't look that good.

I love the mutiple colors, and most of them look amazing, but none of these ladies are in my top models list so I can't decide which issue I'll get!

I'm very excited by this. Great set of covers. My faves are Kate and Stella.

Karen Elson not having a cover is a severe oversight. I believe she never had a i-D cover :ninja:

I have a question? Is i-D a gay magazine? :unsure:
Just it's always in that section in the stores..

I've got some commitments right now, but I will try to scan as much as possible:flower:
Does anyone else have this mag yet and maybe could help??:D

Here's a start......

(my own scans)

^b thanks for your fisrt scans! I can't wait to get it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->