I Need Advice On Opening Up A Clothing Store!

Hed_Kandi

Reaction score
Hi,

I am very interested in opening up my own retail clothing store one day. I have worked in a retail environment and clothing store for many years now.

What advice would you give me to point me in the right direction in order to open up my own clothing store? Is there anyone here who owns there own store and could give me tips?

Also, I have taken business for a year at University - but I ended up dropping it because I felt that the Business program was more geared toward working for a large corporation, or accounting and finance divisions. Is school necessary for owning a small business, and if so what would you guys recommend that I take?

Thanks - I appreciate any input.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I have no idea where this belongs.

There are actually business courses directed towards retail, though I don't think having any solid business background can be a bad thing. Good luck!

I believe some universities offer entrepreneurship courses.
When you worked in retail- were you working on the floor or handling other
responsibilities? Having purchasing experience can't hurt as well as getting your
hands on some vendor contacts! :brows:

i'm taking up a business course (marketing to be exact)... and im involved with selling clothes (swimsuit) but i dont have a retail store or something. well, the first thing u should consider is knowing ur target market (are u catering to the younger crowd or the older, male or female?), then the next thing to consider is positioning ur store. this is very important. ur store should be accessible (parking and stuff, or is it locatd inside the mall?), also, u need to have a wide variety of products to be offered. u don't want ur customers to be stucked with only a limited line do you? oh! the most important is CUSTOMER RELATION! u need to build a good relationship with your customer.. maybe u can set up an incentive program or sales promotion to attract possible consumers.

hed kandi, did i answer your question? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->