In Need Of A Little Help, On Behalf Of A Friend

Discussion in 'Shoes, Shoes, Shoes' started by balacau, Apr 5, 2004.

1. balacau

balacau New Member

Dear all

I was hoping someone might be able to help a work colleague of mine. She's just bought a new pair of leather knee high boots and she loves the to bits. However, she has fairly muscled legs (not huge I'm told but fairly strong) and the zip will not go to the top of the shaft without a problem. The boots are rather nice looking even by the description :D

They are knee high with zip on the side, a fairly pointed toe with a 4inch stilleto metal/chrome heel.

They are real leather. Does anyone know if its possible that the material may stretch a little to accomodate a wider leg or something? She apparently paid alot of cash for these and does want to get some use out of them.

Thanks

2. faust

faust New Member

generally leather stretches, but not by much. i think she should take them to a reputable shoe repair shop and they should stretch it out for her.

3. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

i agree with FAUST.. but dont expect too much :unsure: ..they might just stay tight :huh:

4. Luna

Luna offline.

maybe you could get a good shoemaker to cut out a little and add an elasticised insert?

5. P.Amber

P.Amber New Member

I agree with this idea first.

However leather can be trained. But this takes months to do. And continual upkeep when storing. I have to do it with some of my riding gear to make sure tack stays fitting right.

6. balacau

balacau New Member

I spoke to her again today during lunch and she was somewhat pleasently suprised at the feedback I gave from here, and sends her heart-felt thanks to you all ;) . Apparently her boots already have 2 of those plastic inserts (is there a limit to how many you can have?) but the top of the leg isnt really the problem. Its the area around the ankle, although the shoe part fits her fine.

Lets hope something works, might get to see them at work more often :innocent: