In Vogue: The Editor's Eye

liberty33r1b

Reaction score
Has anyone had a chance to watch this new show on HBO last week (it aired on Dec. 6)? I desperately tried to find a link online but there's nothing available yet:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those clips are so much fun :D What does a fashion editor do? Lol... What a bummer! I loved the Alice spread, and hearing them talk about it - Anna was a bit harsh at the end, but of course! Another lol..

I really hope we can find this online somehow. I missed 'About Face' and I've still been looking for it. Why don't these docs ever come out on DVD so people can buy them?

It's actually on HBO now. Very interesting. They basically go through time and have the editors discuss some of their pivotal shoots. Of course they included discussion of the Grace Coddington Alice & Wonderland shoot. I enjoyed Polly Mellon's recollections. She talked of a shoot she did in Japan that took 6 weeks and 5 trunks of clothes. She lamented that there is no way such a shoot would take place today. She also discussed the famous shot of Nastasia Kinski naked with the snake. She said it was such a magic moment she cried when the snake's tongue kissed Nastasia's ear,

Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele is a delight. She's very animated while discussing the how she styled Anna's first Vogue cover (Michaela Bercu in a Lacroix Sweater and jeans). Anna says people thought it was a fake cover when it was submitted because they couldn't believe she would put jeans on the cover of Vogue. Carlyne and Anna also discuss the Supermodel era. Apparently actress felt fashion was beneath them during that time so the models filled a void. That's obviously not the case today.

Grace and Anna discuss the grunge era--particularly the famous Grunge & Glory Shoot. Anna really hates that era. She implies Grace kinda snuck the idea past her somehow.

Finally had a chance to watch this and I loved it. :lol:

However, Linda Evangelista is one of those models that I never want to hear speak. Her voice and what she says just ruins my imagination of her in her editorials.

Does anybody know exactly what editorial Camilla Nickerson was referring to when she was mentioning one with Kate Moss (I believe by Nick Knight?) shot with security cameras? I don't think I've ever seen it.

^It's from 1995 but I can't seem to find the whole thing anywhere.

Did anyone from UK have a chance to see it? It just seems absolutely impossible to find it, either on DVD, online, on demand. This is just not faaaaair!

Just got around to seeing this, what a glorious documentary, i never wanted it to end. All the ladies were wonderful, amazing body of work.

I just watched the documentary too and thought it was wonderful, from start to ending credits. I loved the remix of the audio at the end also.

Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele stole the show for me, she's absolutely fascinating and seems such a character. I thought the entire cast were presently wonderfully and all seemed pleasant and full of ideas.. still.

Linda Evangelista's presence was nice too, but as blueorchid mentioned, I understand how people have a negative perception towards her. I love her but she comes across as rude and arrogant whenever she's asked a perfectly relevant question. A question that's relevant as to why she has her fortune.

^ I also felt she was incredibly random inclusion without anything worthy to say or contribute!

And for me the best moment goes to the incredible Babs Simpson ( 100 years old, and still as stern as ever) at the end, when they show her the Gaga cover image, and she says in horror; "Its ugly, is that a boy or a girl?". :lol: Bless!

This is on tonight at 9pm on Sky Atlantic, for residents of the United Kingdom and Sky customers.

saw it today, it is great documentary, althoug not that good as The Eye Has To Travel

DVD comes out june 4th on HBO site..apparently ships only to US and Canada. Hope it will be available on amazon too!

Anyone knows if it's available online? I'm dying to see it!

It's also available at HBO GO (at least at the brazilian one, so I figured out it probably is in other countries too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->