Inception

I don't belive in the Oscars very much, it would'nt worry me cause I don't think Oscars has to define what a good movie is it.

tho, few things were totally unclear for me:

1. when they first wake up in that train, Dom gets up and tells how everyone's on their own from now on and how he's going to Tokyo. why in hell is he in Paris in the next scene with Arthur coming to his room?

2. when Saito picks them in his helicopter, he leaves them on the airport at which point Dom says to Arthur how they should now go to Paris. the flight of the helicopter itself wasn't long and it shouldn't have gotten them so far so they would use a flight to get back, no?

3. at one point Dom says that limbo's produced by Mal, why are we seeing Saito's place then after Dom (AGAIN, which also bugs me) again is in the sea, wasn't his unconcienceness already limited by that place he and Mal put up? whose dream he entered now?

4.Ariadne and Paris. his father is a professor in Paris, no? how did he found an American there? okay this is easy to solve nevermind. :lol:

I'm gonna try and answer your questions:lol:

1+2. Do you mean the scene/place where Dom gets a phone call from his kids?
I don't think they are in Paris there. They've just failed the Saito job and they are gonna run away from the company. It's only after they've accepted the inception job from Saito that they board the plane to Paris. Arthur asks Dom: why are we going to Paris? He doesn't ask why are we going to Paris again, so yeah I don't think they leave Paris on a helicopter and go back to Paris on a plane.

3. Your question got me all confused again. I was so sure I had it all figured out!:lol:
I think, limbo is whatever Dom and Mal created together when they first went down there. Since Dom is the only person who's been to limbo before, and since they (Saito and co) are all sharing dreams, limbo is whatever Dom (and Mal) started. I guess then Saito is able to create his own world down there too as he stays there a little longer.

4. Michael Caine (forgot his character's name) is Dom's father in law. Mal's father. I'm guessing they're at least part French. And I'm also guessing that Dom and Mal met during Dom's study under Caine in Paris. Dom is an American. So Ariadne is not alone lol.

I'm of the opinion that it wasn't all a dream. The kids at the end are definitely not the same ones as in the beginning. I've seen the movie four times lol. I've made sure to pay special attention to that part.

I'm gonna try and answer your questions:lol:

1+2. Do you mean the scene/place where Dom gets a phone call from his kids?
I don't think they are in Paris there. They've just failed the Saito job and they are gonna run away from the company. It's only after they've accepted the inception job from Saito that they board the plane to Paris. Arthur asks Dom: why are we going to Paris? He doesn't ask why are we going to Paris again, so yeah I don't think they leave Paris on a helicopter and go back to Paris on a plane.

3. Your question got me all confused again. I was so sure I had it all figured out!:lol:
I think, limbo is whatever Dom and Mal created together when they first went down there. Since Dom is the only person who's been to limbo before, and since they (Saito and co) are all sharing dreams, limbo is whatever Dom (and Mal) started. I guess then Saito is able to create his own world down there too as he stays there a little longer.

4. Michael Caine (forgot his character's name) is Dom's father in law. Mal's father. I'm guessing they're at least part French. And I'm also guessing that Dom and Mal met during Dom's study under Caine in Paris. Dom is an American. So Ariadne is not alone lol.

I'm of the opinion that it wasn't all a dream. The kids at the end are definitely not the same ones as in the beginning. I've seen the movie four times lol. I've made sure to pay special attention to that part.

you're good! B:(lol::heart:

1. this is the thing that's bugging me the most. just before you see Dom in the hotel room talking to his kids on the phone, there's a panoramic sight of Paris - you can see Eiffel tower in the right upper corner - it's tiny. that's why it's so confusing for me! why was he in Paris? if he was in Kyoto actually why's Arthur his room after he tells them all that everyone's on their own? that Paris panoramic view is confusing me, it goes just after the view of train entering Kyoto.

2. how is he able to create his own place when it's Dom and Mal's place? limbo is not a dream, and it's not his limbo. at one point, in the beginning of the movie, when they're trying to seal the deal with Saito, you can hear Mal talking about "awful french designer" or something like that "who designed this place" (talking about Saito's place).
what i'm loving is how is it possible that Fischer didn't have a clue who Saito is when he saw him. for a mogul of that kind who's probably in these circles he's pretty ignorant to faces, no?:innocent:

for me, the kids sounded lot older through the phone then in the end of the movie. in my opinion, that was the main reason for me to thing he dreamed the whole thing, cus throughtout the movie he refused to watch Mal's projections of the kids as if he knew that when he happy ended the dream (since it's his dream he can do what he can) he'd see the same faces meaning it's not a real at all - as if he went Mal's path. :flower: nevermind, from what i hear even Nolan said it's 60:40 for both theories meaning close to both, both are enough paradoxal and have enough clues to carry them.

^Oh haha I didn't notice the panoramic view of Paris! I shall watch the movie again-_-
I think, the way I understood it, is that limbo is a (lost) state of mind. And the main factor is probably that they're all sharing the dream. As explained by Arthur, since Dom is the only person who's been there before, limbo will start out as his limbo. Then whoever goes in and stays down there will inherit and develop their own world.

I agree with you about Fischer not knowing who Saito was. When the two of them are assigned to one team up on the snow mountains and Saito is limping and dying, Fischer even asks caringly if he's doing okay.:lol:
I guess that's just one of the plot holes.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Oh haha I didn't notice the panoramic view of Paris! I shall watch the movie again-_-
I think, the way I understood it, is that limbo is a (lost) state of mind. And the main factor is probably that they're all sharing the dream. As explained by Arthur, since Dom is the only person who's been there before, limbo will start out as his limbo. Then whoever goes in and stays down there will inherit and develop their own world.

I agree with you about Fischer not knowing who Saito was. When the two of them are assigned to one team up on the snow mountains and Saito is limping and dying, Fischer even asks caringly if he's doing okay.:lol:
I guess that's just one of the plot holes.

that's a good one. ^_^:flower: agreed.

^Although I thought that when you are dreaming you sometimes have people in your dreams who you've never met or don't recognize, as in you've seen them before but don't remember that you have. So its possible that Fischer would not realize who Saito was, even though he does know who he is in reality.

^Although I thought that when you are dreaming you sometimes have people in your dreams who you've never met or don't recognize, as in you've seen them before but don't remember that you have. So its possible that Fischer would not realize who Saito was, even though he does know who he is in reality.
yeah, but Saito was sitting next to him in the airplane (in reality) and he didn't even aknowledged him. :flower:

I had the feeling Fischer Jr. was never too heavily involved in his father's business anyway, so possibly, he genuinely did not know his father's competitors, much less how they look.

^:lol: that maybe an explanation. Or maybe Saito was never as big as he claimed to have been:wink:

yeah, but Saito was sitting next to him in the airplane (in reality) and he didn't even aknowledged him. :flower:

I thought about that too but I figured that perhaps Fischer wouldn't have known who Saito was, or maybe he did but didn't know what he looked like. Sometimes the most important people, the one's who have the most influence over people, are the ones who isn't known by everyone. Also it struck me that Fischer's father probably didn't let him have much say over the business, so he might have known much about competitors.

dunno. i got a feeling that Saito is big and known (esp. in the beginning, when he's in "danger" by the mob coming to get him, among other ppl), plus i thought that, in high society, no matter how much Fischer was involved with his father's business, he would've know who Saito was just from those circles.
dunno. :D

5. at the airport, LAX, everyone's watching at Dom.

When i was watching the movie i kind of noticed that too, but actually not everyone is looking at him precisely, all the ones who where part of the dream actually do look at him, but when he is leaving and there is this big amount of people, they arent looking at him, they are people and families waiting for the passangers of the flight to appear through the door so they can take them home, and Dom just walk by the only way out. So i dont think they actually watch him on purpose...

i hope i explained myself correctly:innocent:

you did, but i was more referring to the ppl who are starring at him after he passes those families waiting, all the ppl after that are looking at him. :smile:

btw, my roommate went to see it once more and i asked her to look at that Paris panoramic view and if i saw it right (the one right after the scene of the train entering Tokyo finishes) - she says it's indeed Paris - Eiffel's Tower was just put in the right upper corner and doesn't turn up at once.

I as many others love Inception.
However 30 minutes into the movie I wanted to run out of the theater screaming. Not because it was bad. But because it affected my brain. I had mindf**ks you might say. This is a good thing for me.
When a movie can make me feel so much it's an instant favorite.
(For example the infamous r*pe scene in Irreversible didn't make me feel anything in particular)

Did anyone else get a queasy feeling?

Sir Michael Caine reveals the end of Inception:

Spoiler alert! Don't want to know the official ending of "Inception"? Stop reading now. Sir Michael Caine revealed if the spinning top drops or keeps turning in an interview with BBC radio (via Gizmodo:( "[The spinning top] drops at the end, that's when I come back on. If I'm there it's real, because I'm never in the dream. I'm the guy who invented the dream." So that means… Leonardo DiCaprio's reunion with his children was real life, not a dream within a dream within a dream.

hollywoodreporter.com

I'm so happy I finally know the ending! :lol: A part of me was kind of hoping that he was still in a dream, though.

To be fair, I would take what Sir Michael Caine says with a pinch of salt. He is notorious for a lot of misinformation. Last year he was talking about how the Joker was definitely coming back for the 3rd Batman film and it would also include the Penguin. None of which has been confirmed of course.

^ Really? Haha Sir Michael Caine is getting old.

Any Oscars buzz yet for this film and whether it is likely to be nominated for any of the big awards...?

Yeh he's a great guy but he does give a lot of over the top information in interviews nowadays.

From what I've read Inception is certain to get a nomination for best picture, but this is the Academy we're talking about so nothing is certain! It definitely deserves it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DVV
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->