International Sizing Conversion

vikingqueen

Away From Here
Reaction score
British sizing vs Canadian

i searched for this topic but couldn't find it, so i hope it's not a repeat....i'm ordering some clothes for the first time from britain and i have no idea about sizing converisons...i am a canadian size 4 on top, size 6-8 on bottom (30" hips), so i just need some idea as to what that translates to in the UK...
any help would be greatly appreciated:flower:

Hi there, when I bought clothes in Canada I was usually a medium on top, with dresses I wore 6-8, COH jeans size 28/29. My measurements are 34.4-28.3-37.5...and I've been buying clothes at UK size 10. Hope this helps!

UK sizes are generally one to two times larger than cdn sizes. For example, if you are a size 6 in Canada you will probably be a UK 8-10. It really depends on the clothing manufacturer though....I'm a cdn 12 and I usually wear a UK 12 or 14.

resently i bought some new jeans, a size 26 :shock: what ever that means??? (it was so freaky) i spent ages finding the right size because i had no idea what i was looking for :unsure:

there are so many different sizes in different countries, and its really confusing...:blink:

could anyone give me a list of a typical australian size 8 and what they are in different countries (any you can possibly think of)

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to jeans, 26 is literal for inches... meaning the jeans have a 26 inch waist :wink:

Not sure what that would equate to in actual Australian sizing... sizing is so confusing, no? :wacko:

Here's a little tool I found on a quick google search. The downside is that this assumes there's some sort of standard, which there isn't! One designer's size 8 will not likely measure the same as another's. A place to start though. Good luck :flower:
http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_womens.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Italian Sizing

I want a DolceGabbana Overcoat but its size 52 Italian an I wear about a 39R American How does the size converison work?

An with over coats can they be taken in?

I'm sure the boys on this board can help you with this. I know the women's sizes but am iffy on the mens. You might, for the time being check out yoox.com and do a search on men's dolce and gabbana and see how they translate it, but their size aren't always accurate.

for jackets, italian sizing is american plus 10. that means that jacket is about a 42 american, more than likely too big for you. overcoats can be taken in, if you have a good tailor.

djork said:
for jackets, italian sizing is american plus 10. that means that jacket is about a 42 american, more than likely too big for you. overcoats can be taken in, if you have a good tailor.

Damnt! Its on sale for $300 an was $1200 orginally:cry: :cry: :cry: Is it possible for me to have that taken in that much?

GalleriaResident said:
Damnt! Its on sale for $300 an was $1200 orginally:cry: :cry: :cry: Is it possible for me to have that taken in that much?

I don't think it'll be a problem for your tailor to take in an extra 3 inches or so in the chest and waist, but the shoulders might be a problem. Make sure they're not too wide for you.

What's the smallest British size sold in stores? I'm a 00 in the U.S. for trousers, but the smallest size I've seen in high street stores is a 4, which is a U.S. size 0. Is there such a thing as a 2 or a 0 in England?

I think this discussion is futile. Size depends on country and manufacturer. I have trousers size 34 and 42 and they both fit me alike. Go figure!

US and European Sizes

I don´t know if this is the right forum, please move otherwise ^_^

I want to ask a person I know to bring me clothes/shoes from the US but I´m not sure about sizes. In my country they´re the same as in Europe...
So far the only thing I know is that a size 2 is a small...

Could someone help me out make a chart, please? :flower:

^thanks! I wonder, if a size 2 is a small how much bigger is a size 4 or 6 when they´re also listed as small?

American to European sizes: help me out please (Rag & Bone jacket)

rag-and-bone-razor-coat-gallery.jpg

I really like this Rag & Bone jacket a lot and am considering to buy it. But...

It's made in sizes 0, 2 and 4. Only size 4 is available online. However I'm European and - although I've looked on the internet - I'm still not sure what European sizes these are.
My size for jackets is usually small (Eur. 36), sometimes XS (Eur. 34).

Who can help me out with the sizes? Would it be a good idea to order a size 4 or will it be too big?

(If anyone has experience with the brand Rag & Bone or the website ssence.com, please tell me as well.)

Hope to get some answers!

^I'm pretty sure the conversion goes like this for Rag & Bone jackets and blazers:
0 = EU32, 2 = EU34, 4 = EU34/36
So I assume sz4 would be the right size for you. I love Rag & Bone but find the quality of their items to be hit or miss. However I find their sizing to be pretty consistent. Forward by Revolve and Net-A-Porter have great sizing guides and product measurements for Rag & Bone products, so it might help to check the measurements of a similar item.
There's also a separate thread for Rag & Bone if you have any more R&B specific questions: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f46/rag-bone-115013.html

Don't know anything about ssence.com, sorry.

^ Thanks a lot for your helpful reply!

Those websites seem very useful, unfortunately the particular jacket is not to be seen and neither is a similar item.
That being said, the internet just taught me that even the French (which is also referred to as EUR, I assume) size that is listed in all the conversion tables isn't the one I need (as I thought I did). If those websites are right, I'd need a French 38, which is a US size 6. Which isn't available!

I'd like to just order the size 4 one anyway, but it would be a waste of money if it doesn't fit... What a dilema.:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jejsx2
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->