Apple's iPhone

Umm, so it's bad that it's only coming to Asia in 2008.

Still, I can't help but think ... the phones in Asia are 'power-packed'! Can iphone compete? I so want this phone badly because I'm a huge Apple fan. And I'm willing to wait but err... did I miss it or does this phone not have 3G capabilities? Where most Asian phones are going 3G, iphone seems like a step back in technology.

^This version of the iPhone does not have 3G capabilities, but in his keynotes Steve Jobs did mention coming up with a 3G iPhone for future releases.

3G from Wikipedia

3G (or 3-G) is short for third-generation technology. It is used in the context of mobile phone standards. The services associated with 3G provide the ability to transfer simultaneously both voice data (a telephone call) and non-voice data (such as downloading information, exchanging email, and instant messaging). In marketing 3G services, video telephony has often been used as the killer application for 3G.

The most significant features offered by third generation (3G) mobile technologies are the momentous capacity and broadband capabilities to support greater numbers of voice and data customers - especially in urban centres - plus higher data rates at lower incremental cost than 2G.

my bf told me about iphone a few days ago. it's a must-have for us. it think it's perfect since my contract is ending in june. it should be out by then right? i hope so ..

Haha it seems really nice. But I'm not spending $500 on a new phone... LMAO. I love my phoneee already anyways. <3

I use Cingular. It's the best service around here. I get service everywhere! I have a RAZR right now and by the time the iPhone comes out, my phone will probably be dying, so I'm going to get me one of these! They look amazing. :heart:

Hah, yaa and I heard that the iPhone only works with Cingular at this moment. I have verizon though, lol.

i've been meaning to get a new ipod and a new phone, and this just happens to solve both my needs. if you haven't seen the video of the presentation, i recommend watching it to see what the phone can do. :shock:
i like it when steve jobs states

"We have invented a new technology called multi-tuch. It works like magic, you don't need a stylus, far more accurate than any interface ever shipped, it ignores touches, mutli-finger gestures, and BOY have we patented it! . . . We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them!"

no phone out there comes even close.

$499 for 4 gig
$599 for 8 gig

see you guys/gals in june:buzz:

its amazing... but i think that its just a little bit expensive....

I cannot wait for it to hit the uk and then I can sell my RAZOR and Nano on ebay and hopefully not have to pay too much extra to buy it!

I think it's a fair price. In my country LG chocolate costs ca. 500 USD so I'm not shocked. And what this phone does is just incredible - just watch Steve Jobs' presentation!
The only drawback is that we'll have to wait about a year before it comes to Europe. That's just too bad. But since both me and my boyfriend we're Apple addicts, we'll definitely get our iPhones as soon as they hit the market. ^_^ :heart: :lol:

i'll get it when they add 3G to it. cause from readin the specs it basically does what every other phone does. it's just prettier. and you know it's going to have allot of problems. wait till the second generation.

TheKiwi said:
I use Cingular. It's the best service around here. I get service everywhere! I have a RAZR right now and by the time the iPhone comes out, my phone will probably be dying, so I'm going to get me one of these! They look amazing. :heart:

Oh me too!!^

OMG, I want it... I need it! But it probably wont come out in Denmark before what 2010?!?

I absolute love it... An yeah, it's expensive, but it's to die for!

I watched the presentation last night and Steve rocked :mohawk: The phone is amazing and fair for the price with all cool feature it has and compare to others on market! I'm hoping they'll have it in T-mobile also :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieRunway
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->