Apple's iPhone

I love it. Kind of wish it had a QWERTY keyboard though, like the MDA or the other smart phones

i agree with everyone that said that the Steve Jobs' presentation is a must see.. you end up completely engaged with the phone (and the brand itself)

Last edited by a moderator:
I might wait for the iphone, I know for the fact that the first released phones are going to be packed with glitches and bugs.

Iphone Iphone Iphone!!!

I have not posted in awhile... I checked and didn't see any topics about this... I just want to rave- I got my Iphone yesterday!!!

I want to see what other posters think about this, is it worth it? My feeling is that it is, considering all those great features, Ipod, internet acess, camera, webmail...etc.:flower:

I have not posted in awhile... I checked and didn't see any topics about this... I just want to rave- I got my Iphone yesterday!!!

I want to see what other posters think about this, is it worth it? My feeling is that it is, considering all those great features, Ipod, internet acess, camera, webmail...etc.:flower:

Merged with existing thread. sanura please use search function prior to posting.

I think the iPhone looks lovely and it's too bad that I recently switched from Cingular to T-Mobile! :doh: Oh well, T-Mobile gives me the best reception around here.

Did anyone get the iPhone yet? I'm curious to see what you think, but I'm sure there will be glitches and bugs since it's the first generation.

Hmmm...I might get one since I recently demolished my cellphone by accidentally crushing it . If I do, I'll give you a report :lol: :wink:

My brother just ordered one. I havent seen it yet but I'll report back when I do and see what he says. I'm also thinking there will be bugs, but hopfully for the $1000 (w/o plan) their asking they'll repair/replace them if its anything major.

I'm not interested in purchasing the iPhone, but I do wonder if it'll live up to the hype it's received lately.

Guessgirl--- where did you hear that it will be $1000 w/o plan? I was under the impression that it simply could not be set up without the commitment to a two year service plan. Meaning, since you have to set up the service yourself with iTunes, that you would be unable to access any of the phones services if you did not commit to the service. $1000 is kind of a rip off w/o contract anyway, it would be cheaper to just cancel your current contract (usually $200ish) and buy the phone w/contract for a total of $700.

I personally wanted one for a while, but it just isn't worth it to me for a phone that basically doesn't do much that my blackberry doesn't already do. I'll see how they go now that they're out.

My brother said he was told at cingular its $1000 for the 8gb so he got it on ebay for $750. I searched and found this article too http://www.teknojunkie.com/?p=85 The discount is only if you get it when you sign up for a plan, so if you get it afterwards you have to pay full price but you are still commited to the plan.

I want an iphone too but I just got a blackberry pearl a few months ago. Your right that it can do just about everything the iphone can. The one thing I like on the iphone is how easy to seems to access the internet.

When it is finally on sale here in Europe I hope it will be a much better phone. There are still some serious issues which needs to be resoled until I'm ready to buy one. I have found out that:

*bluetooth can't be used to transmit content to other devices.
*music files can't be used as ringtones or as a wake up signal for the alarm clock.
*MMS messages can't be received at all.
*third party Java games can't be installed on it.
*there are at the moment only 10 000 youtube clip available for the iPhone.
*everytime you change SIM card the phone has to be reactivated. This is extremly stupid and annoying. Especially for people who have more than one *SIM card or those you frequently travel to different countries.
*email passwords and user namne can't be saved
*content such a pictures and music from the net cannot be saved on the phone.
*No memory card to increase capacity.
*No motion capturing using the camera

This has always been my problem with Apple. They develop amazing products but then they deliberately put stupid limitations on them to control what the user can and cannot do. As a power user it bugs the hell out of me since I want to be able to to exactly what I want to. If atleast half the big flaws above are resolved when iPhone 1.5 is launched here in Europe, I will happily hand over 500 or 600 euro to Apple for an iPhone

Yes, I'm also hoping that by the time it gets to Singapore, it will have GPS as well as 3G functions. And yes, I hope all the cons would be turned to pros.

My guess is that they'll have software updates to fix a lot of these things for people who buy these right away, but unfortunately some of these look like they're hardware issues so not as easy to fix.

I tried out the display set of the iPhone at an Apple store at 11pm yesterday.
I went there earlier at 6pm, but the line was pretty long, by the time I went back to the store they only had the display sets left, all the units they received were sold out. :rolleyes:

The iPhone does live up to its hype - somewhat.
The coolest feature for me was really the touch-screen, being able to use your finger to scroll through the content and the gyroscope.
Getting to "pinch" the content to zoom in and out of it was great, and the screen was really clear.
The camera did not disappoint, but it didn't seem like you could zoom in and out, though picture clarity was good.
Safari (the browser on the iPhone) did not seem to support Flash, but I think that's something that could be easily fixed by a software update.

The only complaint that I probably have was the virtual keyboard.
Getting it to output the correct characters were hard and it didn't seem very responsive.
This is a very noticeable problem when trying to surf the web or when using the email function.
Also, the speed of the connection was decent in the store but I think that's because I was on the store's WiFi network - I'll really like to know how "ast" web-surfing is when using Cingular's EDGE network.

All in all, I personally find the iPhone very attractive.
But I probably won't get it for now. I hope Apple will do something to improve the virtual keyboard and honestly I'm waiting for the 2G of the iPhone to come out before I'll commit.

Doesn't the screen get dirty really quickly? How does it feel to touch? If you had clammy hands would it feel squeaky when you 'pinch' the bars?

I think resiliancy is a good question since it must be more open to breakage since it's basically a screen. But I think Americans/Canadians totally get shafted when it comes to cellphones compared to the UK. Most phone companies give away their high end phones for free with various price plans whereas in NA you have to pay for the plan AND the phone

How DOES one unlock a phone? Do you need to go somewhere to do it? Or can I learn how to do it myself? I have a UK phone that I want to unlock but no idea where.

I checked ebay after they were on sale for the first hour, and someone bid $12,000 for this phone. :shock: Its a lot of hype, just like the playstation 3 was...:rolleyes:

I just got a pocket pc phone and it does EVERYTHING, so I will be passing on the iphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->