Apple's iPhone

iPhone mania

LOL! even Whoopie Goldberg stood on line for her iPhone. I checked out soho location and there was Miss Whoopie patiently standing on line . :lol: .

Would definitely wait for awhile to get iPhone, although, I got mine through my job :smile: ... it still lacks certain things. it's not like the blackberry where you can check your email from work. the gig isn't much. no bluetooth. and AT&T is sh!tty!. till then, it's one kickass phone. Definitely a revolutionary. It's as thin if not thinner than the new iPods. You can hook it up to iTunes like an iPod. But if I were you I'd wait till they have other services other than the crappy AT&T -- it has alot of dead spots in the nyc as well as the rest of the nation and i dont think you can use it overseas just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea of the iphone and it looks very sleek and cool, but it's definetly very expensive.

What I would like to see in the future is an iorganizer. Like something you can use to put pictures on, music, calender, tasks, etc. but you don't use it as a phone just an organizer for all of your tasks.

This news clip is too funny for words. I guess this is where greed gets you :lol:

I was in Chicago the day they came out and the line stretched across an entire block!

I went back later around 9 and to see the display iphones. I didn't use it for very long but the keyboard touch screen annoyed me at first. I tried to use my nails to click the letters but it didn't register, I had to use the tip of my fingers. It would take getting used to. Overall it was pretty cool, the design is definitely cute. I wonder if the price will ever get lower, or if Verizon will ever carry the phone. I wouldn't want to switch plans, since At&t isn't the best.

I think the prices will definitely drop. I could be wrong but I think the touch screen works by sensing heat which is why it doesnt work if you use your nail.

One of the biggest problems is with AT&T as others have pointed out. Honestly, it's worth waiting for on that reason alone. AT&T operates on the EDGE network and it is SUPER slow. It has one of the slowest download rates out of all the data networks out there. It's all just hype at the moment. I agree the interface is super cool and perhaps worth purchasing since in many ways it is a 'revolutionary' phone but i'm sure there will be improvements made soon and i'll just wait.

I have AT&T and have no problem with service, I get coverage everywhere and no dropped calls. The internet is very slow though. I really hope they fix that as internet on phones becomes easier to use.

One of the biggest problems is with AT&T as others have pointed out. Honestly, it's worth waiting for on that reason alone. AT&T operates on the EDGE network and it is SUPER slow. It has one of the slowest download rates out of all the data networks out there. It's all just hype at the moment. I agree the interface is super cool and perhaps worth purchasing since in many ways it is a 'revolutionary' phone but i'm sure there will be improvements made soon and i'll just wait.

Its not AT&Ts fault...the iphone operates only on the EDGE network. Rumors are that the iphone will be released in Europe using the 3G network. Both the treo 750 and the cingular 8525 (both released on AT&T) currently operate on 3G. :flower:

^
thanks from the info I read it was that AT&T operates all their phones on that network. I can't wait for them to come out in the UK. Hopefully the price will come down and we'll be able to buy them on pay as you go (since I prefer not to be tied down in a contract).

I played with an iPhone earlier today at an Apple store. They were nice, but it was annoying to type with the letters so small. (Can you type in landscape mode? I only tried in portrait.) Also, the internet was really slow, and zooming in takes too much energy. Overall, though, I kind of want one. (But, preferably, I'd want it to work in Europe and Asia and have faster internet access.)

Tested it at the store yesterday and it was pretty cool. But I just got my LG White Chocolat and I'm committed to Verizon for the next two years. I flipped the phone to the side and the screen became landscape view. Just awesome.

thanks hipkitten for merging it for me. I did a search and didnt see the thread. I had my iphone for a few days now... I am pretty happy with it. Like everyone said there are rooms for improvement. I am typing this from my iphone ...:flower:

Its not AT&Ts fault...the iphone operates only on the EDGE network. Rumors are that the iphone will be released in Europe using the 3G network. Both the treo 750 and the cingular 8525 (both released on AT&T) currently operate on 3G. :flower:

yeah. i'm sure apple will come up with another upgrade of the iphone and will probably include the 3G network. i just got a blackjack and it runs on 3G. i think i'm going to wait for the 2nd gen of the iphone.

I finally got to mess around with one today. For the first time since they came out there wasn't a line at the apple store just to try them.

All in all it was nice but it wasn't as easy to use as they make it seem. The keyboard is really hard to use because the letters are so small and close together. I misstyped several times and had to go back. I didn't find the internet too slow but zooming was hard

my hubby & I bought ours on Saturday.
I :heart: it!!!

I get all of my emails on my phone
photos are awesome...
it's really cool..

I will post more later...

If I buy a phone, I want to easily be able to use it as a phone. Not go through a handful of steps to get to the phone function.
as far as an mp3 player goes, doesn't hold enough for me to want to use it as a my music player.
AT&T bites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->