Iranian Day At The V&A

Acid

yes
Reaction score
A celebration of the creativity of contempory Iranian culture with the V&A and the Iran Heritage foundation.

30th January from 18.30pm

Fashion:
A fashion in motion show featuring five contemporary Iranian designers: Mossoud Ansari, Shirin Guild, Maryam Mahdavi, Shadi Parand and Laya Tokaman.

Film:
Multiple showings of The Art of Killing, and The Lagoon and the Moon (two short Iranian films)

Poetry:
Mimi Khalvati will read from a selection of her work accompanied by Vida Edalet

Food:
A taste of traditional Iranian food from mezze to full dining at the friday late bar

Music:
A fusion of contemporary Persian and European music

Originally posted by eguana@Jan 21st, 2004 - 6:15 pm
i love arabian music and fashion i wish i was there
me too, lucky acid, are you visiting ?
if so, please let us know :flower:

I love the oriental culture so much.
and its getting more and more known to european countries...
for example there are so much arabic songs in clubs here in munich and arabic dance music sounds so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but a question to the iranian fashion designers: Will there be a site where I can see pics or something like that?

Originally posted by eguana@Jan 21st, 2004 - 4:15 pm
i love arabian music and fashion i wish i was there
thanks acid for sharing. my bro will be ther since he is one of the helping members of the foundation.

actually eguana, IRANIAN has nothing to do with arabic :wink:
we decent from the ARIAN race whereas the arabic dont. and the language and culture is not the same either. but dont worry, no offence taken :P

i wish i was there to see the exhibit :blush:

How very cool! I wish I could go, too. I love the V&A. Probably one of the highlights of my time living in the UK was when we took a weekend trip to London (I was studying in York) for the sole purpose of going to the V&A.

I hope everybody here who is UK-based gets a chance to check that out--sounds like it would be worth the trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->