Irina Shayk Announced as new L'Oréal Paris ambassador

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Russian model Irina Shayk has been snapped up as the newest member of the L'Oréal Paris family, joining a stellar line-up of models and actresses including Karlie Kloss, Blake Lively, Lara Stone and Natasha Poly.

Picture credit: L'Oreal Paris
"It's such an honour to be a L'Oréal Paris ambassador and to be among such a powerful, smart, hardworking and extraordinary group of diverse women," Shayk said. "My personal memories of the brand go way back to the time when I was a teenager. L'Oréal make-up felt like a real luxury for me and I remember dreaming of purchasing a L'Oréal lipstick..."

Shayk was born in Russia's Yemanzhelinsk, and got her first taste of modelling when a local scout discovered her at a beauty school that her sister Tatiana attended. She was subsequently sent to Paris at 19.

"I'd never been anywhere like that. it was a hard time - I didn't speak the language, I didn't have any money, I did not have experience and had to learn really fast," she explained. "To me being worth it means being independent and carving your own path. The L'Oréal woman is worth it because she wants to be."
Now with one of the most coveted beauty jobs in the industry, Shayk has come on leaps and bounds since her early days as a teenager in Russia.

"When I was a teenager I experimented a lot with hair colour and the result was just awful," she admitted. "Now, I always start my day with cleaning and moisturising my skin. Sometimes I use ice cubes to wake up my skin - my mother always does it and she has such beautiful skin. If I work, I always protect my skin with a primer before applying any make-up. I love the L'Oréal Paris BB Cream because I don't need to apply extra foundation; it is lightweight yet a little goes a long way."

And like any good spokesmodel, Shayk is quick to extol the benefits of a good beauty regime - from her favourite hair products (the Elvive Extraordinary Oil range) to her ultimate L'Oréal skincare pick (the Skin Perfection Serum).

"Cosmetics definitely inspire confidence and are a huge part of my life… I love that make-up helps me express my femininity," she said, citing Angelina Jolie and Elizabeth Taylor as role models. "But, overall, my main role model is my grandmother. Her life was not easy… she lost almost all her family in the beginning of the Second World War. Even after the war, things weren't easy for her: she worked really hard, lost her husband and son… But she was always caring for other people, stayed strong and was one of the most beautiful women I ever saw." (vogue.co.uk)

Attachments

• Irina-Shayk-2-Landscape-Vogue-28Oct15-LOreal-Paris_b.jpg
    Irina-Shayk-2-Landscape-Vogue-28Oct15-LOreal-Paris_b.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 6
I thought L'Oreal is supposed /pretends to be about classy women. :angel:

So she'll be gracing the Cannes red carpets next year in her tacky Atelier Versace gowns, worsening the plummeting state of fashion at the festival. Bravo. :yuk:

I thought L'Oreal is supposed /pretends to be about classy women. :angel:

Soon L'oreal's spokespersons will exceed the poulation of Luxembourg. One thousand 'green nauseous' emoji's at this news. The girl is beyond vulgar. It's bad enough Blake Lively and Eva Longoria get to pose next to the likes of Julliane Moore, but Irina as well? I'd like to know what the reasoning behind her appointment was. Bradley Cooper?

I still maintain we'll all get a go one day.

I wonder how well L'Oreal's revolving door of spokesmodels works for them. Is it better to have a shifting roster of faces, or do brands fare better when the message is more consistent - thinking back to the days of Paulina Porizkova as the Estee Lauder woman, or Cindy Crawford representing Revlon?

Soon L'oreal's spokespersons will exceed the poulation of Luxembourg. One thousand 'green nauseous' emoji's at this news. The girl is beyond vulgar. It's bad enough Blake Lively and Eva Longoria get to pose next to the likes of Julliane Moore, but Irina as well? I'd like to know what the reasoning behind her appointment was. Bradley Cooper?

It was interesting that ryan reynolds was announced as a l'oreal face months after his wife blake's was...so i would not be surprised if irina's appointment may serve as a lure for bradley cooper if the relationship becomes serious.

i wouldn't discount eva longoria. she has a masters degree and a major fundraiser for philanthropic causes. her acting may seem soap operaish - but at least she has a sense of common decency.

perhaps l'oreal sees irina as important for the russian market.

either way, i think it's a bad bet.

It was interesting that ryan reynolds was announced as a l'oreal face months after his wife blake's was...so i would not be surprised if irina's appointment may serve as a lure for bradley cooper if the relationship becomes serious.

i wouldn't discount eva longoria. she has a masters degree and a major fundraiser for philanthropic causes. her acting may seem soap operaish - but at least she has a sense of common decency.

perhaps l'oreal sees irina as important for the russian market.

either way, i think it's a bad bet.

She doesn't look Russian though, more Brazilian/latina imo. I'm assuming people from these groups might relate more to her. But maybe she does have a strong Russian following.

Thanks for the info re Eva, never knew that.

They have way too many ambassadors now. Surely the existing people cover every market already? I hope she didn't replace Bianca as Bianca is perfect for the brand!

Irina just doesn't have any class or glamour and I can already picture her in the skimpiest outfits at Cannes! Ugh!

I hope that my lovely Bianca will leave this trashy place since such vulgar and disgusting women are being signed for the brand.

She is not charming, not attractive in any way. She has absolutely no charisma or whatsoever. Beauty must come from inside, it lies in the little gestures and the little things.
Irina makes any dress trashy.

I didnt think Loreal can get any worse than it is but apparently one should never say never.

But maybe she does have a strong Russian following.

Thanks for the info re Eva, never knew that.

I wouldn't say so:mrgreen:, actually many women can't stand Iryna and find her empty and vulgar.
With re to the topic, I think Iryna is a very striking woman, so I don't mind seeing her as a L'oreal spokesperson at all. I lost count of all these spokespeople though:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a beauty campaign and she is drop dead gorgeous even to the person thats not necessarily into fashion. Unattactive and lack of charisma arent words i would use to describe her plus she is one of the better known models. Good choice L'oreal

52a8337ce9eef0b4a6811ab46686e0ce.jpg

tumblr_mbl3veyz9X1r5gpbeo1_500.jpg

irina-shayk-gq-germany-0712-%20(0).jpg

pinterest
randombeautiful
gossipcentre

I hope that my lovely Bianca will leave this trashy place since such vulgar and disgusting women are being signed for the brand.

She is not charming, not attractive in any way. She has absolutely no charisma or whatsoever. Beauty must come from inside, it lies in the little gestures and the little things.
Irina makes any dress trashy.

I didnt think Loreal can get any worse than it is but apparently one should never say never.

Vulgar and disgusting? Who are you to write these things about Irina you have never seen?

Having in mind Aishwariya Rai and all the stunning accomplished beautiful women who once represented the brand, I don't exactly picture a call girl selling probably the most popular cosmetics brand worldwide.
And If you still don't know what I am talking about, read some more and then come back.

Having in mind Aishwariya Rai and all the stunning accomplished beautiful women who once represented the brand, I don't exactly picture a call girl selling probably the most popular cosmetics brand worldwide.
And If you still don't know what I am talking about, read some more and then come back.

Really! Its fine not to appreciate a certain model's look but tabloid style gossip is beneath tfs IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->