L'Orèal Paris Names Barbara Palvin as Global Ambassador

Status
Not open for further replies.

agee

Reaction score
Meet L'Orèal's New Ambassador: Barbara Palvin
Joining the likes of Bianca Balti and Doutzen Kroes, Barbara Palvin is the latest supermodel to be named a global ambassador of L’Oreal Paris. “I’m very excited about the prospect of joining the L’Orèal Paris family alongside huge, iconic celebrities such as Gwen Stefani and Claudia Schiffer,” the 18-year-old super told WWD. ”I have a very personal vision of beauty, which is very closely aligned with their modern approach.”

Barbara will be the face of the brand’s new lipstick “Rouge Caresse” which adds a very slight and natural hint of color to the lips and will appear in both print and televised ads starting this month. “[Barbara] is a very promising supermodel with a fascinating personality, fresh and elegant beauty, with a great sense of humor and astonishing maturity,” L’Orèal’s president Cyril Chapuy said. “I think she has this incredible potential to become a household name.”
modelinia.com via anaa lpz

Barbara Palvin for L’Oreal Paris

wwd via Melanie Hill

^She looks like Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, especially in the second pic.

They already have Bianca, Doutzen and Leaticia, who all have dark blonde hair and big blue eyes and massive lips. I think Barbara's young look is more suited to Maybelline but they already have Emily Didonato who also has similar features to Barbara. Except for Estee Lauder all the cosmetic giants seem to keep re-enforcing the same type of beauty. I was hoping they'd pick someone new this time, but I guess they have to move products of the shelf and Barbara's beauty will definitely do that.

^ Yeah I think cosmetics companies tend to go for the bombshells, but they have features that sell. I mean, if you're selling lipstick you're not going to get a model who has thin lips. As for Barbara, I don't find her to be so attractive that it warrants a cosmetics contract. She's just another model to me and her time will pass in a few seasons.

Yeah I didn't think she was cosmetic contract worthy but hey, L'Oreal knows better, it just seems that every model is landing a cosmetics contract these days. I don't think she'd have got it if she wasn't with IMG.

this was to be expected. it was only a matter of time for this beauty contract to come around considering that she is just so darn pretty

i thought her contract with chanel is still working....

^She looks like Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, especially in the second pic.

lol ur right, though i think shes different from many of the other models chosen before, as much as she is a bombshell she is less all American wholesome bombshell aka Doutzen

i really don't think she's a bombshell. L'oreal possibly picked her because she's similar to Emily and Emily is working for Maybelline.

Barbara Palvin is the new face of L'Oréal Paris I GRAZIA

youtube / Grazia via Nani

I think that Barbara is incredibly beautiful and is definitely suited for a beauty contract, and that is not news she did beauty work for Chanel and Calvin Klein, along with beauty eds. Having said that I am not crazy about the pictures in post #2 but I look forward to seeing more from her as a L'Oreal Ambassador and also (hopefully) seeing her do the red carpet thing as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there's some sort of global ambassador inflation going on.

L’Oréal Rouge Caresse campaign

glamouronline.hu via Bulgakova

wow, i love the ad. the new product looks more like a lancome item as well. very classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->