Iris van Herpen Haute Couture F/W 2024.25 Paris

Reminds me of a Korean film The Five (2013) & Mindcage (2022), in both films they turn girls into dead dolls art pieces

The Five (2013)
the-five-12.jpg

Mindcage (2022)
x1080.jpegMV5BZWM2YmM0MzItMDdmOC00NmU0LTg1NTAtODgwNjBjNWEyMWQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQVRoaXJkUGFydHlJbmdlc3Rpb25Xb3...jpg

Last edited:
The 3d printing has been milking to death for such a long time that she should probably stop waiting for any potential couture client as her work has lost its allure for a long long time.

I like that she's finally going beyond the printed details, the gold dress on Coco looks promising.

after a lot of thought i finally realized what the presentation reminds me of... a knife throwing act in a circus.

With Iris' scientific/alien-esque direction, it was intereting at first but where can you take it when you're so far beyond into the outer realm? She was limited from the start and other collections she did hit overdrive conceptually too fast. Creative, yes. But we're bored now, flip the direction on us. Like Lacroix before her, no house can survive on couture alone. I am not familiar with her doing anything RTW, so how is she truly earning money?

She's more of a textile artist imo. She only has two basic silhouettes she ever builds off of, which is either bodycon dress or caftan gown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avann
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->