Iris Van Herpen S/S 2015 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
Iris-Van-Herpen-Paris-RTW-SS15-2028-1412096751-mediumbigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

Wow..this is by far my favourite collection from IvH, it's intricate work is derived from her early collections, but tamed, refined and translated into viable visions.

same old, same old.... the girl has been showing the same stuff since 2008...

Oh yes, this is fantastic :heart: That second to last look is one of the most spectacular dresses I've seen this season. But there is a lot of wearable but interesting stuff in this collection. I feel like she might be evolving a little more slowly than some of her peers, but it's happening. So far I'm considering the transition to RTW a success, I love this and I loved last season.

i adore iris' p-a-p debut last season...magnificent and i love how she's taking a lot of those sculptural/technological elements from her HC and refining it here in her p-a-p. it's both innovative but completely rational to the stage she's on as well. that's a balance and quality that sadly has deteriorated in fashion the last decade.

I think she would be the perfect designer for Paco Rabanne!

Or Mugler! Can we actually get the woman to Mugler, you guys? SOMEONE START AN ONLINE PETITION. :lol:
This is kick-***, especially on the first few looks. It's really consistent and wearable without compromising the ~high-tech couture~ she's known for.

This is fantastic; easily one of the best collections this season. I actually prefer her pret-a-porter creations.

As always, so beautiful I just am in awe and moved almost to tears.
I must admit I didn't particularly like last season's prêt-à-porter, but I love how this time it's closer to her original work, as well as more poetic and delicate, like sea creatures.

Personally IMHO I'd like her to continue her own instead of stepping in to "rescue" others...she's got too much of an original vision that shouldn't be compromised...as long as, of course, such a step would allow her greater freedom in some way...

Her couture collections are amazing! But this is not, in my opinion. It just doesn't make sense. It's neither ready-to-wear nor dramatic enough to be avant-garde.

I can't help myself to think of Sandra Backlund's ascend and eventual vanishing from the public eye whenever I look at a collection by Iris van Herpen. Both designers have a mindblowing, progressive knack for state-of-the-art crafts, but I find that both end up designing clothes that often end up relying on that short and tight party dress silhouette with some extra excitement due to some how-did-she-do-that ornamentation.

I can understand that designing clothes under such a conceptual approach will leave you loosing an eye for the contextualization of it all but I think if she really wanted to build a successful and lasting business, she will need to prove there is more to her than what wins her 'new talent' awards.

I agree with both of you vispreevex and tricotineacetat. Curious where she will be going the next seasons.

that dress at 5:18, I'm still stunned by her skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->