Is it possible to dress well without being influenced by fashion?

^ Ah but evolution doesn't get you very far without a next generation, and appearance has everything to do with that :wink:

^ true. :P but then the discussion isn't relegated to fashion itself, but the mannequin's figure as well.

slightly off topic but i know a girl .. well more of a woman shes 28.. well anyways she works in a theatre costume department .. and she dresses entirly in vintage.. nothing she wears is ever on the catwalks and she makes alot of her own clothes .. she is completely unique.. you could say anything she wears is fashionable as such.. long victorian dresses etc. but she looks fab all the time and has her completely own style its great .. shes so boho and a proper hippie no tv no magazines very eco friendly and green etc. so she doesnt really have any influences coming from fashion because she never gets to see it .. working long hours in the day and then at the theatre at night she is shut of from the world most of the time tbh.
so based on her alone i would say yes u can dress well with out being influenced by fashion

Last edited by a moderator:
Well what I think is that you actually can't dress without following a bit fashion, because all the stores (at least in france) follow the trends to sell the most stuff possible. So you can't really feel free to dress uniquely because everywhere you go you find the same stuff.

That really makes me want to open a store with some very diverse clothes so people can dress their personality out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacur368
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->