Is being fashionable effortless?

I also agree with Timber's idea of functionality in terms of effortless dressing, and I really think this is where finding inspiration from celebrities is...at fault, for lack of a better word. You see candids of some celebs all decked out, and forget that these people, more than most, have much room for breaking sartorial practicalities. For example, they can wear teetering high heels and no coats in the dead of winter because most likely they're being chaffeured in heated towncars or limos everywhere.

Or Erin Wasson can show up to an event in hot pants and her bra visible through her shirt sleeves, but does that really stand in a university setting, where I've seen the looK? Even lots of movies and shows like Gossip Girl feature outfits that are fantastical. I'm all for fantasy and aspiration, but if you don't tailor that to your own lifestyle, then it's far from effortless.

^ Agree ... I see a lot of cluelessness in fashion magazines too, where they're saying 'Oh yes you can wear this to work or on a job interview.' Uh, not in my industry ... :unsure: If you yourself are in the real world, I'm not sure it pays to take advice from or emulate those who aren't :wink:

I think some people are just born more fashionable than others, so for those people being fashionable requires less effort. But there are of course other factors that affect how "effortless" your fashion sense is, like money, time and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->