Is this luggage too feminine??

Reaction score
I like this gucci duffle but do you think the "rosewood" trim on it is too feminine for a guy? Be Honset

Last edited by a moderator:
If those leather tags and piping weren't metallic, then it would be perfectly gender neutral But with the metallic leather pieces, it looks a little too feminine for a guy.

I do own a metallic gold Dior Homme duffle, but that is its rock 'n roll look and edge. That Gucci one looks feminine.

i don't think it looks too feminine...

but if you're questioning whether it looks too feminine then it probably is :P

also.. could you please credit the source of the image so it doesn't have to be deleted?

fem

only because the trim is pink/rose. if it were navy or brown, it would be more "gender neutral".

I am 100% sure they must offer other finishes/leather variations for that style. It looks quite conventional.

Yes, it is very feminine, would not want to see this on a guy.

I am 100% sure they must offer other finishes/leather variations for that style. It looks quite conventional.

well, duh :lol:

the pattern, the materials, the construction, altogether that bag couldn't have cost more than 50-100 Euros to produce, which means a huge profit margin. sure as hell they make them in all kinds of different color combinations.

But then again, who cares??

If you like it, go for it. I see men carrying/wearing lots of feminine stuff here in NY and they seem happy with that situation. It is almost 2010: we should move away from these prejudices and hick-ups. Unless it is a Louboutin heel we are talking about, men should enjoy as much gender neutral or feminine stuff if they chose to, just as women have been doing with mens clothes and accessories for the past century or so.

I think what I find feminine about it is the pattern. When I started thinking about most men's bags/carrys, I have an association of single color and if there is a logo, it tends to be a single big logo.

I used to really like a lot of the Escada luggage, but again, when it came down to it, was not really my style.

Long and short, if you are asking the question if it is too feminine, you are already stating that it is feminine/has femininity to it. The questions really are:
-- do you like it?
-- Would you be comfortable carrying it?
-- and does it express your style?

You answer yes to all three, then it does not matter what anyone else thinks.

Other thoughts...

Gucci does some of these in Black and white, or more of Black and Gray I think. That may come across less feminine. Some logo designs, like Louis Vuitton will transcend a lot of that, because their luggage has had the same appearance for almost a century. It really can be difficult sometimes

Last edited by a moderator:
personally, i like the beige GG canvas. it's very neutral and clean and usually they pair it with dark brown leather so there's the masculine edge. i hate the "Crystal GG" tho, which basically is cotton canvas covered in GG printed plastic a la Vuitton canvas.

^ lol I know, and what a name: Crystal GG!!

Please. It is a beach bag.

Well Galleria Resident, I see the bag as being somewhat gender-neutral. I don't know the dimensions of that Gucci duffel but it does look a bit like a diaper bag, which may explain why it feels a bit on the feminine side. If you are looking for a tote/duffel in similar colours and "branded", may I suggest the LV Souverain in Damier Geant? It's a smart looking piece of luggage (not that you asked)

I think its a bit to feminine for a male. I'm sure it would come in other colors.

I think its quite feminine but I also think if you like it, then who cares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->