NYC Knock-Off Bags, Glasses, Etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twiinkls143

Reaction score
Hello all- I am usually quite a "lurker" on this site and never post. I am going to NYC late April for the first time ever with my mom, (I am 20 yrs old) and I know it is not respected or good to buy fake bags but obviously being 20 and in college I do not have the money now to meet my high end tastes. I hear that china town is where they sell the fake products and i was wondering on how to go about purchasing fake bags? I heard not to follow a vender anywhere they ask you to go (duh.) I really am interested in some LV large duffle or luggage... and channel sunglasses. Any advice on locations for these items, huge much they cost, and if you should bargin? Thank you-

Brittany

If you are looking for fake bags, go to Canal Street (which is in Chinatown). I walked along there last year with some friends and was really turned off by how they try to sell the bags. It is illegal to sell knock-offs, so these little Chinese women will approach you and rattle off the brands they carry. The only way to get the bags is to follow them somewhere, like a backroom.

If you are looking for low cost products in NYC, I would recommend hitting downtown thrift stores (like Screaming Mimi's, Edith and Daha, etc.), the H&M/Gap/Armani Exchange set along Fifth Avenue, and some of the designer discount warehouses they have all over (like Century 21, Daffy's, etc.). Google these places for directions or ask someone at the front desk at your hotel.

Have fun on your trip! ^_^

why don't you just buy a cheaper non-designer bag? Why is it that you want a knock-off?

I agree with pink lipgloss

There was a time where most of us could not afford the high-end designer stuff..we've all been a student or had less money at one point of our times or had other priorities such as spending a high 5 figure to get custody of our children :P (kidding, yer right)
Most stuff I still cannot afford, personally. Some of us have more money than others, others have more money than us..If you get a fake, the only person you will fool is you, right? NO..Many people out there will realize the fakes. Not all are fashionistas but fakes, you can tell 99% of the time. Instead, buy what you can afford and carry that with pride rather than carrying a fake looking over your shoulder. Carrying a fake will NOT make you feel better or bigger. It will make you feel even less because you know you dont have the real thing. And it is okay. Get a nice leather, classic handbag or two to get you through the college years and the interviews and maybe the first couple years after graduation. Once you start making money, prioritize and buy what you want the most. Not because something is in, such as most people think about LVs, hence most fakes are LVs.

Have fun and I hope you'd rather get a 69.99 real thing rather than a $10 costing poorly made, soon to fall apart fake LV or whatever else:smile:

Very true 'iluvfashion'... i know and understand what you are saying.. its just i think sometimes people my age try to be older than they are and have grown up seeing celebrities, etc and want to be like them. its not an excuse but it is a product of generation x. anyways thanks for the imput and i think you spoke great truths. thank you everyone.

i dont know if you could be arrested, but believe me, a fake isn't going to make you feel better. if i were you, i would save for a bag you really really like. i am a college student too, and i know how extra money is very hard to come by. i havn't had any help from my parents for my school, it has all been on me. when i started getting into handbags and this website, i really wanted bags that i couldn't afford. and so i thought about it, and started my own little online business with ebay. I shop around at vintage stores and resell vintage clothes and bags. This helps me bring in extra money which i can then spend on anything i want....and how i have purchased almost all of my designer bags. make it something to work for, because fakes are a quick fix, and there's more bads than goods with going about purchasing and carrying one. good luck :smile:

i fear this might turn into a debate on fakes...

Canal St. is notorious for being raided by the police and having fake bags confiscated. I'm not sure if you can be arrested if seen buying one... it is a risk you might have to end up taking if that's the way you want to go.

but while you're down on Canal... pop into Century 21.. You might find a great bag at a discount.:flower:

closing this thread. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->