Is working in the fashion industry associated with increased risk of suicide?

Not to rehash the opinions stated before me, I will say that I believe it boils down to the individual's sensitivity. In regards to the models many are told they are too fat, too tall, too dark, always too something. Without a firm self identity and constant (self) affirmation that can take a very significant toll on someone. Unfortunately, they may feel suicide is the only solution.

In regards to the fashion industry as a whole, it is know for being overall a very glamorous field. The ugly truth is that there is a lot of menial work, low pay, back biting, etc. Sometimes people may have unrealistic expectations for their career and how it will affect their lives. Also, they may get a lot of flack from friends and family about their work and life may be more difficult than they imagined.

From an artistic standpoint, the very things they used fashion with it's whimsy and parallel reality to escape they may find unescapable in the end. So death, they see, is a way for them to escape those hauntings once and for all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->