Itchy Skin

BabyJ

Reaction score
I've got this itch! HELP

Okay please help me before I slowly slowly stratch away my very own skin.

Last night I was having a herbal tea and I got an itch. I ignored it not thinking that maybe I was allergic to this stupid crap!

Today I wake up and I can't stop itching. My arms, my back, my legs. I have little bumps that make me think something bit me but jesus murphy, I didn't sleep in an ant pile!

What can stop this itch? I've already taken a steaming hot shower that numbed the itch for all of 0.5 seconds!

:cry:

BabyJ said:
Okay please help me before I slowly slowly stratch away my very own skin.

Last night I was having a herbal tea and I got an itch. I ignored it not thinking that maybe I was allergic to this stupid crap!

Today I wake up and I can't stop itching. My arms, my back, my legs. I have little bumps that make me think something bit me but jesus murphy, I didn't sleep in an ant pile!

What can stop this itch? I've already taken a steaming hot shower that numbed the itch for all of 0.5 seconds!

:cry:
sounds like you're having an allergic rxn. Try using some cortisone cream on your skin. Do not scratch it. it will make it worse and possibly scar. Put on the cream, take some Benadryl and never drink the evil tea again. If it is still causing you extreme discomfort in the next few days, go to the doctor.

Thanks Ocean.

I think I'll stop by the pharmacy on my way to school tonight. The itch is working its way up to my face...and thats where it crosses the line. I can hide my arms and legs and back and anything else, but my face is my face!

I really suggest piriteze tablets. They work well and don't make you drowsy, and they're over counter.

I had this problem a few months ago. Turns out my puppy had gotten fleas from being left outside too long. She then proceeded to jump onto my bed... during the night I got so itchy... it was unbearable.. to the point of having pain. I had bumps all over me.. I had scratched my ankles raw... it was HORRIBLE. And embarassing to say that the fleas had gotten to me. I made my boyfriend go get me benadryl...cortizone cream... and alcohol. The alcohol was a temp. relief... it felt good for maybe 5 minutes.. but then the itch came back.. the shower did not help at all... it just inflamed the itching more. Needless to say, I also had him get flea bath and I washed my pain in the *** of a dog down 5 times. Ugh.. it was almost the worst experience of my life.

I feel your pain.. hopefully by now the itching has gone.

Go to the doctor, allergy can be dangerous! Its better if the doctor prescribes you some medcines, dont experiment alone! I wish you to get better with all my heart!

OMG i hope you went to the doctor right away.
sounds like an allergic reaction.

are you allergic to ragweed? if you are and if the tea was chamomile, that'd be the reason why you had the reaction.

if it is an allergy like that, then taking a pill that you know works for you allergies may be helpful eg. claritin, reactin etc.

drinking lots of water to flush the toxins out would be helpful
calendula cream may help a bit as would gold bond medicated cream or maybe calamine - but they won't help a whole lot.

i hope you're absolutely better now - rather worried about you - ie. hope it didn't develop further into severe reaction.

:(

funny flea story - i don't feel so alone w/ that experience anymore.

several years, had a cat for the first time in my life. would let him out once a day so he could be free (from my tiny bachelor apartment).
he brought me home fleas!
had no idea they were fleas - thought i had an allergic reaction to detergent or something b/c i had these huge 'hives' just after i had washed my sheets with a new powder. it happened again and again and then i found one of those bastard fleas! aaaaugh!
it's very very embarassing to say "yeah - uh -i'm scratching like mad and covered in hives b/c i've got fleas!!!" :blush:
after that, used a flea medication on my cat - a few drops of stuff go on the back of the neck = flea free!

Yea.. I'm a bit embarassed to say I got attacked by fleas... but w/e.. it's not like I could help that my puppy picked them up. Horrible experience. HORRIBLE.

Okay. Now I know that I have mental problems. I was 100% fine until I read this topic again. Just thinking about being itchy makes me have to itch.

I ended up buying some of that cream, it goes on pink. It helped a lot. I am not sure exactly what was in that tea, but it tasted nasty. It wasn't a tea for enjoyment if ya know what I mean. I am convinced that it was an allergic reaction because I have never felt that in my entire life. It was horrible.

Speaking of fleas...

My dogs for some reason never got fleas but I would always play in the yard with them. Have you guys ever heard of chiggers? These teeny tiny red bugs that bite you and they make you itch sometihng awful. One of the only ways to kill them is to put clear nailpolish over the bite. I think these little fuckers actually got into your skin. Ever since that happened to me once, I've never again played in the grass with the dogs!

I'v had pretty good skin for the past 15 years but now im getting weird pimples on my face!! First i get an itch on cheek and if i scratch ..i get small red bumps and pimples all over..does anyone know why this is happening?

also I'm getting there very tiny bumps beside each other that I think are black heads between my eyebrow area and on my cheeks as well, they turn into huge pimples!! its driving me crazy i mean i take care of my skin very well, might as well just stop cleansing since its not makeing a difference! :unsure:

Since i dont use foundation.. how do i cover them? I use Cargo conclear but it gets flacky and no matter how much i cover them they r still visable..:cry: how do i get rid of all of this? I need major help :cry:

Initially the itching part of the problem could sound like you might have developed urticaria (hives; nettle rash; nettle fever). Urticaria is a disorder in which white raised patches surrounded by red areas appear on the skin, resembling nettle stings...

maybe the scratching annoys the skin so much you develop pimples from it ??

I'd take it up with a dermatologist who can look at your skin and give you a qualified diagnosis.

:flower:

I agree with Hanne, a dermatologist is the one who's gonna able to figure out what specific sort of problem your skin has right now.

Wishing you good luck. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnV
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->