It's My Style and I'm Sticking to It

aww..he seems so much more human and vulnerable when you call him stuart....
:(...
yes---i wish him only the best...:heart:...

and i'm ready for the next ant invasion...
did i tell you that you're 'wonderful'...?
:P

I have no idea what my style is. I do know that I wish I could shop only at COS...how would one describe COS anyway? I guess my style is COS + worn out skinny jeans and some Vanessa Bruno thrown in :lol:

^ are you wearing COS mens wear or the BOY collection that they did for women? anyway, i've seen their stuff on preppy style blogs and they've been describes as classic with a twist. I find their aesthetics to be somewhat like apc, but slightly more urban. BOY is kinda menswear inspired but yay! i love the COS BOY stuff too. but it's much too much for my wallet, so i just look and long and don't buy.

thanks softgrey. will go and check those threads out.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Women's collection only...I don't have daily access to COS, so I haven't checked out the menswear yet :( The women's wear doesn't have much to do with APC IMO.

When buying clothes, I tend to stay away from a lot of trends as most of them are often short lived and sometimes garish. I choose what I like. I think the minute you start thinking about how you want to come across to others, personal style starts to disappear. Style should be effortless and not contrived in my opinion. Style comes without trying to hard to be something you're not :smile:

I have no idea what my style is. I do know that I wish I could shop only at COS...how would one describe COS anyway? I guess my style is COS + worn out skinny jeans and some Vanessa Bruno thrown in :lol:

I know what it is ... you definitely have one :wink:

I think it's very funny when fashionistas say that they don't really care about trends. Trends are invetiable and trends are what make fashion interesting and evolving. But I must confess like the idea of having a truly personal style and stick to it, but that will not work for me. I'm young and I'm a fashion person - I want to be modern. Therefore I wear whatever that works for me, but I see a clear similarity in all of my purchased items.

I always have a hard time describing my style. I now what it is, I just have difficulty transforming it into words. But maybe that is actually a good thing :flower: At least it makes it my style :rofl:
I'm not saying that I'm not influenced by trends, streetstyle etc, cause I am at least to some degree. But I try to make it my own. I do tend to wear a lot of colours, compared to some (Though, not in your face, 5 neon colours in the same time :lol:)
I guess It's been more noticeable in the last year or so with everyone wearing black and nude. Wearing slightly more colourfull outfits is probably me rebelling against all of that. :ninja: :lol:

I think it's very funny when fashionistas say that they don't really care about trends. Trends are invetiable and trends are what make fashion interesting and evolving. But I must confess like the idea of having a truly personal style and stick to it, but that will not work for me. I'm young and I'm a fashion person - I want to be modern. Therefore I wear whatever that works for me, but I see a clear similarity in all of my purchased items.

Personal style doesn't mean you're not influenced by trends. There's nothing mutually exclusive about the two. If you're buying clothes today, trends are impacting you. If you're seeing a clear similarity in your purchases, I would imagine that is your personal style.

I love long skirts, for instance, so right now is my big chance to stock up ... this is not the time for me to be buying trousers. That to me is one of the major ways they relate ... trends give you a chance to catch your wave as it comes around again. I also love leopard and bright colors ... Sometimes trends can be inspirational, which is great. A lot of trends are God-awful ugly to me, so this season is looking very good.

Personal style doesn't mean you're not influenced by trends.

I'm aware of that, I just wanted to pinpoint those who still consider themselves not to follow trends while they are dressed in a maxi dress paired with wegdes.

aww..he seems so much more human and vulnerable when you call him stuart....
:(...
yes---i wish him only the best...:heart:...

and i'm ready for the next ant invasion...
did i tell you that you're 'wonderful'...?
:P

Aww....you dandy highway woman!

I just heard the Ant is feeling better, and he played a successful gig a couple weeks ago in London. :clap:

I hope he comes to NYC soon... :heart:

Um...I don't know Kowie, I've been wearing maxi x wedges for over twenty years...as has my mom. Always loved that style and probably always will.

Um...I don't know Kowie, I've been wearing maxi x wedges for over twenty years...as has my mom. Always loved that style and probably always will.

There you go, proving my point before I could make it :wink: For every trend, there's someone whose style that genuinely is.

For every trend, there's someone whose style that genuinely is.

:wink:Ta-ta. You summed it up perfectly&concisely!

Maybe we've enough experience to know that 99% of styles that come in fashion are nothing new, and that each style originates from a different cultural framework which these trends are simply borrowing from.
I think one can usually tell when someone has completely appropriated a style.

I wouldn't say so much that I have a unique style but I do have a unique taste. I look up to designers who create trends each season but keeps their personal touch and artists who update their look according to their art.

My motto is "You should wear your clothes, not the other way around". I think that simpler designs tend to highlight one's beauty. I buy clothes that look good on my body type, in colours that flatter my skintone, haircolour and eye colour. I (as most people) look better in natural fabrics and in finely made, well-tailored clothes; which exactly what high fashion is all about (save from the trend-setting aspect).

Well, there are always exceptions. But I think we can agree that the vast majority of those who wear maxi dresses and wegdes are highly influenced by this seasons trends. Not that it's something wrong with that, I just want an acknowledgement.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitas46
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->