Janice Out, Twiggy In on 'Top Model'

ewwwwww :yuk:

02_janicedickinson.jpg

I have no idea what Twiggy is like - it's hard to believe she will be as funny as Janice (whom I think is wonderful). But of course, like any fan of vintage fashion,watching Twiggy and hearing what she has to say about modeling and photography is going to be very very interesting. She is, afterall, the most iconic model of all.

It's a shame, Janice was funny and I can't imagine Twiggy making such comments as Janice did... How old is Twiggy now anyway?

^^To answer your question, I think Twiggy is around 55. I know she's around the same age as my dad. I've seen some recent photos when she was modelling for Marks & Spencer, I think, and she looked really good.

I might actually try to watch this show if Twiggy is hosting. I've read her autobiography (written in 1974, I think) and she seems very upbeat and pleasant. I get the impression from other articles and interviews written since then that she's a sweet and down-to-earth person, so maybe she will be a good influence on all of the young girls on the show. She seems like she's pretty high-spirited--kind of a merry personality, so I think it could be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
*EllaH said:
It's a shame, Janice was funny and I can't imagine Twiggy making such comments as Janice did... How old is Twiggy now anyway?

56 I think. Same age as my mum.

Spike413 said:
Sounds good, I can't stand Janice.

It did require a lot of concentration to watch and listen to her on ANTM. I'm glad there is a change in scenery. :lol: :innocent:

now if they could maybe replace Tyra with Christie Turlington.. and move back to NY :innocent:

the sad part is, every reality competition need a bitchy truthful judge.....American Idol has Simon, and ANTM had Janice...it just adds to the show...i used to love hearing Janice's opinion......oh well...we have to wait and see i guess....but i have a feeling it won't be as good anymore, which is sad cause i love ANTM

Maybe miss jay will become the bitchy judge....we haven't seen much of him so maybe that side will come out if hes judging

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+3][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+3]Janice Dickinson[/size][/font]
janice-book.jpg
AKA Janice Doreen Dickinson

Born: 17-Feb-1953
Birthplace: Brooklyn, NY

Ethnicity: White
Sexual orientation: Bisexual

Level of fame: Somewhat
Executive summary: 1970s supermodel

Janice Dickinson was one of the brashest, wildest supermodels ever. As the child of a violent, pedophiliac father and a pill-popping mother, she grew up hearing her father's "You'll never amount to nothing!"

Determined to become a raging success, Dickinson went to New York City and began calling modeling agencies. It was the 1970s, and the ideal models were blond "girls next door" like Cheryl Tiegs, but Dickinson was a self described "Polish-mutt niggerlips." She was turned down by Eileen Ford -- "Those lips!" -- but ended up going to Paris after Lorraine Bracco told her photographer boyfriend that she liked Dickinson's look.

She became a huge success in Europe, and returned to New York City in 1978. It was the era of Studio 54 and Dickinson partied with the likes of Truman Capote, Andy Warhol, and John Belushi. She seduced the most famous ladies' men, drank every drink and snorted or inhaled every drug. While foggy headed, she fell off a catwalk and onto Sophia Loren. Dickinson took revenge on Ford by signing with her agency and then jumping ship to Elite when she became established in the US. On her way out the door, she reportedly told Ford, "It's me, big-lipped Janice. I'm going to Elite. I don't like you, I've never liked you."

Her lengthy list of purported sexual conquests includes Prince Albert II, Warren Beatty, John Cusack, Mick Jagger, Grace Jones, John F. Kennedy, Jr., Kelly LeBrock, Jon Lovitz, Dolph Lundgren, Liam Neeson, Jack Nicholson, Bruce Willis, and Frank Zappa.
http://www.nndb.com/people/491/000047350/

I am going to miss Janice. I never really got into Mrs J. especially during that unforgettable episode when s/he had her/his- leg crossed:ninja: . Not my cup of tea!. Was actually disturbing:blink:

Twiggy, don't know much about her personality, only that she was an excellent model - during her time. But hey, time will tell. :flower:

Dayum that stinks, Janice and Nole were my favorite judges.

But I can't wait to see Janice and Omarosa go at it on The Surreal Life..

Oh.. these two shoes are my guilty pleasures.

wyatt. said:
i think almost everyone has heard of twiggy. how many know about janice dickinson?

first super model..huh?

that always bothered me

Haha, I knew I wasn't the only one who was bothered by this!

I have the same sentiment as some others. I'll miss Janice b/c she was such a character!! She drove me crazy half the time, but she definitely had some spice and was the source of many a chuckle!

I'm interested to see Twiggy and learn more about her. As model_mama said, I only know that she was a great model, so it will be interesting to hear her perspective and have some insight into her life...

And, Ms. Jay, well, I just love "her"... any man that can wear a dress and not be questioned is okay in my book :lol: True sign of confidence!

:wub:
*Ania* said:
that's ok ^_^

Twiggy%20PORTRAIT2.jpg

modelmama said:
I am going to miss Janice. I never really got into Mrs J. especially during that unforgettable episode when s/he had her/his- leg crossed:ninja: . Not my cup of tea!. Was actually disturbing:blink:
I totally remember that, thought that I was the only one who noticed... :yuk:
During the dance sequence, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->