Japanese Speakers, A Lil Bit Of Help.

Sephora_Socialite

Fierce Flava
Reaction score
Okay...I'm writing a farewell card to my teacher since she is moving to a diff school all the way in coachella valley...

Things is I was hoping someone could tell me how to say:

"It has been a pleasure knowing you and you will be missed dearly. I'm sad to see you go!!"

in Japanese...

:ninja: And to think I used to speak Japanese when I was a little kid. :doh: ...How dreadful..... :shock:

I'm sorry Sephora, but I have no idea. Stuff like this is reeeeeally difficult, because the appropriate response depends on how close you two are. I'd suggest trying the translator on Dictionary.com, but double-checking the kanji beforehand (whatever you do, don't use 'anata' for you or he/she will go like this -> :blink:.....learned that one the hard way.........) Sorry I can't be of more help.

You're actually not the first to tell me not to use anata...no clue why though, but I used to say it as a kid a lot :lol: ...I thought it was a cuss word.

Well we're close, not the usual teacher-student relationship...we talk to each other kinda more like friends I guess.

But thanks grem, I'll check to see what that translator thing says...

:blink:

It gave me this...

それは持っていてであるあなた及びあなたが心から逃されることを知っている喜び。私は行くのを見て悲しい

I dont remember any Kanji anymore :doh: :cry:

I would try a kanji dictionary.......but I don't know an online source for that.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jun 7th, 2004 - 8:44 pm
Why don't you just ask someone at school? :flower:
Unfortunately I cannot locate a fluent Japanese speaker at school other than my teacher...and I'm running out of Asians to harass about it:lol: ( there's not much of us to start :( ) ...so I thought why not post?

thanks grem for trying to help me....hopefully I could find myself a kanji dictionary..maybe I'll locate mine somewhere.

Sephora_Socialite, I'm sure this is all right.

あなたと出逢えて本当に良かったと思っています。今後は相当寂しくなりそう。あなたと離れるなんて悲しい。

i know someone who speaks japanese, i'll ask him to translate that for you written.

may take a day though, i'll have to leave him a message.

this is what he told me...

"Anata o shinukoto ga dekite ureshiidesu. Watashi was anata ga itteshimaunode kanashiidesu"

if you write that in the Roman alphabet:

It has been a pleasure knowing you → anata to deaete yokata desu
and you will be missed dearly → korekarawa hontoni sabishiku narisou
I'm sad to see you go → anata to hanareru nante kanashii

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"