Jason Wu Collection S/S 2021 New York

This looks very Meisel...
And I guess the inspiration was Pat Cleveland.
If one day they try again to revive Halston, maybe Jason will jump on it.

There's no denying how well the look book is presented, it's great to see Dilone give us 70's Vogue model vibes (she also has a brilliant smile) for what could have been a bland presentation.

Beautiful lookbook! Could easily be a US Vogue editorial if US Vogue had any standards left. Ethan is by far the most convincing duplicate of Meisel's iconic style and I'm happy to see it! Great work and more often than not, great selection of models. Hope to see him book more and more jobs as the time goes on, he's quickly becoming a new favorite of mine.

Stunning presentation. Very Vogue Us in the 80s. The clothes are too retro for my taste. You can be inspired by the 80s but you have to breath in the modernity, "nowness" or it's just end up looking like costumes. But at least Jason still remembered that he a designer and put some effort into it.

Stunning presentation. Very Vogue Us in the 80s. The clothes are too retro for my taste. You can be inspired by the 80s but you have to breath in the modernity, "nowness" or it's just end up looking like costumes. But at least Jason still remembered that he a designer and put some effort into it.
This doesn't look remotely anything like what Vogue was in the 80s, early , mid or late. I agree with Lola it is very much in vain of mid 70s Haltson editorials with Pat Cleveland, I would also add Angelica Huston to that too. It neither is costumey, that was the essence of Halston , he made easy effortless clothes, one of the reasons why American designers won the battle of Versailes in 1973.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->