Jason Wu Pre-Fall 2011

mackos

Alluring
Reaction score
NEW YORK, December 6, 2010

By Matthew Schneier

The Séeberger brothers—street-style photographers, albeit of the early twentieth century, rather than the early twenty-first—gave Jason Wu his jumping-off point for the season. (This was only his second pre-fall collection, by the way, and already more than twice the size of his first.) The duo snapped photos of demimondaines posing as gamely in their self-styled finery as any latter-day contender like Giovanna Battaglia or Caroline Sieber, and their era provided a reference point for the thirties-inspired separates and Art Deco details that ran through this solid collection.

The palette here was moodier than Spring's, almost overcast: Even pop colors like salmon and violet were tinged with gray. Picking through current trends, Wu offered a silk shirt, color-blocked knits and dresses, and moments of militaria and menswear—all gussied up, of course, with ladylike flair. A cotton twill parka was detailed along the back and sleeves with lace and glittering beads. The "basic shirt" chez Wu? It's lace. The "houndstooth" striping on skirts and dresses? Actually a mini floral print. There were ruffle-skirted party dresses for the longtime devotees, but increasingly, sportswear—of the Geoffrey Beene variety, a designer he mentions frequently—is Wu's bag. And speaking of those: The accessories launched last season are back, with two new handbag shapes and several cigarette-heeled shoe styles, too.
01m.jpg
02m.jpg

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

07m.jpg
08m.jpg

09m.jpg
10m.jpg

11m.jpg
12m.jpg

13m.jpg
14m.jpg

style.com

This is lovely. I love the silhouettes and cuts. Not very fond of the color block but overall this is a really nice collection.

it looks kinda chic, feminine, subtle and yet elegant. i like the last three looks :heart:

this collection exhibits the need for the pre-fall and resort seasons. while this presentation didn't present on cohesive vision for how women should dress today like we'd expect out of a traditional pret-a-porter collection, it found itself chocked full of ridiculously covetable clothes!! those slip dresses will cause a sensation, those coats are instant classics, and those pants remain channel katherine hepburn effortlessly. while i'm not as thrilled by the eveningwear shown here, he's already shown his prowess in that arena just a couple of months ago.

i love the colors, not a fan for the last dress outfits! but overal i'm quite liking it.

The setting is identical to Givenchy's last pre collection lol

LOVE it!!!

Jason does his thing....AGAIN! He just know's how to do chic and sophisticated without it being boring IMO.

It's the same always and always, BUT, it's nice, it's a shame the last dress is so awful.

Jason Wu obviously isn't appreciating below-knees skirts, seeing as most of his are way above, hitting the leg in exactly the same place, creating quite an uninspired and repetitive look when such plain clothes are presented like this.
He's never my taste, but his customer will love it.

It's nice, but it's almost identical to his last RTW collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->