Jason Wu Pre-Fall 2012

Stereo_Flo

Reaction score
Models swanning about in gowns you'll soon be seeing on a red carpet, a photographer plus assistants, hair and makeup people, a stylist, and another person on lint roller patrol…That was the scene at Jason Wu's studio. Pre-fall, in case you remain unconvinced, is every bit as big—and important—a collection as Fall itself. "They are four equal seasons now," said Wu. "This one, like the others, is about giving our girl luxury clothes. There's nothing watered down." Really, how could there be when Wu's inspirations were Indian maharajas and the colorful illustrations of Charley Harper, an artist noted for his bold, graphic depictions of nature?

Wu's Spring experiment in "edgy" appears to have been short-lived. "Regal" was the word he used here, and it fit. Not only were his evening dresses hand-embroidered—a strapless black gazar with green beading on the bodice and a silk georgette halter gown with a sequined collar were standouts—but so was daywear. Both his camel-hair cape and his burgundy trench boasted jet beads and paillettes at the shoulders, while a long-sleeve black sheath with an "exploded houndstooth" print down the front was in fact densely stitched with sequins. Even casual pieces got the royal treatment; a sporty striped sweater, for example, came in a loose crocheted weave.

In October, Target announced that Jason Wu will design a limited-edition collection for the retailer. One thing's for certain: There will be no mistaking these clothes for that high-low collaboration launching in February.

-style

B-E-A-T-I-F-U-L ! :wink:
I would buy half of this collection if I could.

I enjoy his Pre-Fall and Resort collections much more than the RTW ones. I guess that's because I never like his gowns (I find the ones in this collection hideous, sorry). Some very interesting coats and sweaters here. The accessories look nice, too. One of his best collections thus far, IMO.

Wow this is gorgeous, I feel a Givenchy vibe in some pieces. Love it

Incredible.. my favourite pre-fall offering thus far.

The first coat/jacket is breathtakingly gorgeous :heart:

Fantasic! I love all of this. the coats are amazing, its all so beautifully tailored.

wow this is a really strong pre-fall collection. Def on of my favs thus far

The problem with Jason Wu is that his collections are all nearly impossible to differentiate. He seems nearly incapable of extending his vision past girly dresses and typical Grecian gowns. Ugh...he's just so predictable. For everyone's sake I hope he comes nowhere near Dior.

its very givenchy inspired , but none the less its better than most of the crap he usually puts out.

I really like the long blue dress that has the collar on it in post #3

WOW the colour of the last dress is just gorgeous.
Great colours and sophisticated, chic items for all women.
LOVE IT.

I looked at the first picture and I was like: 'My gash this jacket is incredible!' and then I realized it was the only good thing in the collection. The overall feels like Anna Wintour meets the upper east side in a boring way. He is talented that's a fact but he needs to get out of his box! This is so as Squizree said 'predictable', if your name is mentionned for the Dior's job you need to take some risks M. Wu!

i like this collection , better than previous ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->