Jason Wu Pre-Fall 2013

Stereo_Flo

Reaction score
It was difficult to find a September issue of a fashion magazine without a page or two devoted to Antonio Lopez, whose fashion illustrations and photographs from the Seventies were celebrated in a recent Rizzoli book. Jason Wu, too, was drawn to Lopez’s colorful brand of retro fab, using it to infuse his pre-fall collection with good-time glamour fit for the latter-day Jerry Halls and Grace Joneses of the world, but with Wu’s ladylike touch.

He also “wanted to continue the sexier mood that I started in spring.” Multicolored panels of paper-thin eel skin were painstakingly darted into a curvy halter dress, a leather and jersey T-shirt and a matching jacket and skirt. That level of production muscle and luxury was echoed in a quilted leather and chevron mink coats (both the mink and the eel-skin styles could be worn with matching bags).

Wu escalated the sizzle for his party girls, whose options included a halter dress with pink floral beading, and a slinky sheer tulle gown embroidered with chevron waves of gold bugle beads.

jason_wu01.jpg
jason_wu02.jpg
jason_wu03.jpg
jason_wu04.jpg
jason_wu05.jpg

wwd.com

I find the gown sexier than hell and hope a celebrity will wear it. The rest, boring.

Ho hum, but agree with HeatherAnne on the gown. It's the only notable piece.

I need to see more these couldn't sum up the whole collection to me.

WTF is this? :blink: Those first 2 looks make me wanna slap somebody, & not in a good way. That striped leather dress screams Proenza-wannabe, & that gown is just :ninja:. Sequins & mesh? Oh my God. :shock:

Sometimes I feel like pre-fall and resort collections give designers an excuse to throw together a collection that lacks coherency and precision. I don't know what this is. It's not the worst collection ever, but it's the definition of lackluster.

I like the gown but that's about it. The rest of the collection looks like something Jason Wu would have designed for Target.

That burgundy dress looks like it was made with Jessica Rabbit in mind. A disappointing preview, to be honest.

The whole collection now is on style.com, and it looks pretty weak.

Well it's beautiful collection, I love the color used in this collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->