Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture F/W 2024.25 Paris

Great show and, great collection. As expected he delivered.

If Nicolas wasn’t a designer, he could be a music producer because his soundtrack is always on point. I have never not enjoyed his show.
The collection is sharp, modern and straightforward. What I love about this collection is essentially Gaultier but also essentially to him. When two strong visions find a common ground, they created a perfect harmony.
He focuses on the core elements of Gaultier, which are sometimes outshined by more pop and dramatic versions that are usually associated with Gaultier.
He injected modernity into couture with his approach. Bridge the gap between old-school couture techniques and the now-ness of his designs.
There wasn't a single weak look for in this collection. The devil is in the details. Even though I wish he added more daywear into the collection.
I always love to see Gaultier sitting in the front row each season and explaining each look to his neighbors. Also, who is the man sitting next to Babeth?

The best collection in this couture week. Never stop Monsieur Gaultier.

Lol, I like it. It's Gaultier redux or à la minimal. However, I can totally understand where a lot of people are coming from in their disappointment, even if I don't feel the same way.

It’s actually very Gaultier when you look at all his more minimal pieces… Particularly the late 90’s early to mid 2000’s when he was less of an enfant terrible. Yes those pieces where sometimes an element of pause among the very crazy and colorful ideas but it’s a welcomed approach. I think at some point La Marinière, the cone bras, the archetypes are elements we have seen times and times at Gaultier and that we will see, I’m sure again.

But it’s interesting to have a young talent who is not consumed with nostalgia and looking ahead. Evoking Gaultier is better than pastiching and it works when it’s done with convictions.

Haider has still my favorite collection and yet, it evoked Gaultier.

it’s a very good take on slightly Haute Couture Courrèges with hints of Gaultier. he could’ve dared more.

Divisive collection for sure but I looooovvveeeed it!! Yes I wish there was a big dramatic ending to all the tension built up but still!! He slayed this! The first 9 looks are just superb.

I'm actually loving the details. He's a very talented designer. I guess my issue was the presentation itself.

Suppose colour isn’t his thing, but this really needed a vibrant jolt to help wake things up. A bold red, lapis or citrine yellow (not hi-vis tho) really would have helped at some ebb and flow to this.

It is nice to see a calmer offering compared to the horrid Simone collection, I just think he should have tempted himself to dare a little more.

Not bad, but nothing to call home about either. And most part of the looks here feel as if Rick Owens was the invited designer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eyl278
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->