Jean Paul Gaultier x Ludovic de Saint Sernin

LadyJunon

Reaction score
Leaving this here to upset everyone:
Jean Paul Gaultier Eyes Ludovic de Saint Sernin for Next Couture: Sources
The Paris-based designer has won acclaim for his gender-fluid, sensual and individuality-driven take on fashion.

By Miles Socha
September 9, 2024, 1:00am

Does Jean Paul Gaultier have his eye on Ludovic de Saint Sernin, the Paris-based designer whose signatures include low-slung pants with corset lacing in lieu of a front zipper?

According to sources, de Saint Sernin has been in talks to create a one-off couture collection for the Puig-owned fashion house.

The designer and Gaultier officials could not immediately be reached for comment over the weekend.

De Saint Sernin would become the eighth guest couturier at Gaultier after Nicolas Di Felice, Simone Rocha, Rabanne’s Julien Dossena, Haider Ackermann, Olivier Rousteing of Balmain, Diesel’s Glenn Martens, and Sacai’s Chitose Abe.

Following his retirement from the runway in 2020, Gaultier came up with the idea of the couture house inviting different designers to interpret his vast and eclectic oeuvre, achieved over a career spanning 50 years.

It’s quickly become a highlight of couture week — and has further fueled interest in Gaultier’s numerous contributions to fashion and pop culture.

De Saint Sernin certainly shares Gaultier’s pioneering penchant for free expressions of sexuality of all kinds, body positivity, gender fluidity and inclusivity. (Gaultier first put men in skirts back in 1984.)

Born in Brussels and raised in Paris, de Saint Sernin graduated from the École Supérieure des Arts Appliqués Duperré in Paris, where he studied womenswear. After cutting his teeth at Dior and Balmain, he launched his eponymous label in 2017.

Ludovic De Saint Sernin Fall 2024 Ready-to-Wear Collection at New York Fashion Week
A look from Ludovic de Saint Sernin’s fall 2024 collection. Giovanni Giannoni/WWD
It started out “initially quite queer, gay, sex positive, and that’s amazing, it’s my core fan base,” he told WWD in a 2021 interview.

Among his signature pieces is a pair of eyelet-studded, laced-crotch briefs that has established a new category of luxury underwear for men. For his spring 2022 lineup, his first showing during women’s fashion week, de Saint Sernin presented as much menswear as womenswear, and on models of various genders.

The next one-off collection for Jean Paul Gaultier is expected to be unveiled during the next Paris Couture Week, scheduled for Jan. 27 to 30.
WWD

Gender-fluid? He was never to be honest
From a talent perspective, what a downgrade from Sacai, but at the same time I don't mind this at all
I think he can tap into something amazing, super fetishised, almost pervery side of JPG
Think gogoboys in underground clubs, cowboys in dirty alleyways and sailors metting street corner hookers at a port... he better make it on the daily mail front page with this collection

Last edited:
Gaultier is going senile if he lets Ludovic "design" a couture collection...

I guess JPG worked with all the people he could already? I guess everyone else is on contract and can't do it... So he should do a collab with LaQuan Smith. I think LS needs the taste level infusion....

I guess JPG worked with all the people he could already? I guess everyone else is on contract and can't do it... So he should do a collab with LaQuan Smith. I think LS needs the taste level infusion....
Lacroix? Olivier Theyskens? Christoper Kane? What contract with Marc Jacobs? Stefano Pilati? Riccardo Tisci? They can even try HBA or Gosha Lamo
Dries just for fun?

He or Puig is just desperate for Gen Z’s approval and needs these young names for 'relevance' How sad
Mark my words but Harris Reed (Nina Ricci also Puig) and people like Robert Wu would be next

I like LdSS! It certainly wont be as bad as the Lotta Volkova collab. As long he doesn’t make a swarovski mesh blond ambition corset, I’m here for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->