Jean Paul Gaultier x Ludovic de Saint Sernin

I guess JPG worked with all the people he could already? I guess everyone else is on contract and can't do it... So he should do a collab with LaQuan Smith. I think LS needs the taste level infusion....
Even if the fashion industry created a "good taste" virus, as contagious as covid is, LaQuan would give negative on all the tests. He is immune to it!

I am honestly wondering, because I thought this was a test run for potential CDs for Gaultier to fully retire; but what exactly is the purpose of sharing the stage with each of these designers? We seen Haider take over TF after he did a collection with Gaultier but the partnership of Haider & Jean Paul made sense. Even last season, with Nicholas, that was great also.

But Ludovic seems a bit too green; and with how barren his designs are- I struggle to understand what is hoped for in Gaultier tapping him for the next collaboration. JPG is going to run out of designers to link with past a certain point too. haha

I think Olivier has already locked that job up a long time ago.

Please correct me if I'm wrong - did Gaultier ever express the intent to find his replacement? Again, Olivier proved seasons ago he is perfect for JPG. I would've stopped the search then. That perfume bottle look is the most famous piece that has come out of this endeavor...

AFAIK JPG is doing this to connect with a younger audience. JPG is AFAIK not pressed at all for HC clients so I wonder if any of this stuff is being made since - of course - I want an iconic JPG piece from 2004 - not a dress from Simone (it was a lovely collection though)....

I think Olivier has already locked that job up a long time ago.

Please correct me if I'm wrong - did Gaultier ever express the intent to find his replacement? Again, Olivier proved seasons ago he is perfect for JPG. I would've stopped the search then. That perfume bottle look is the most famous piece that has come out of this endeavor...

AFAIK JPG is doing this to connect with a younger audience. JPG is AFAIK not pressed at all for HC clients so I wonder if any of this stuff is being made since - of course - I want an iconic JPG piece from 2004 - not a dress from Simone (it was a lovely collection though)....
As painful as that show was (so many models struggled in those dresses and shoes), the collection was exquisite. Unfortunately for them, Rousteing probably won't leave Balmain. Rousteing aside, I think that it's finally time for a long-term successor at Gaultier.

if they continue longer with these collabs they wont have a budget for an actual CD, probably theyll get one of the corset makrs from nyfw who makes it for drag queens,

I guess JPG worked with all the people he could already? I guess everyone else is on contract and can't do it... So he should do a collab with LaQuan Smith. I think LS needs the taste level infusion....
This is actually a great idea, LS has that rebellious spirit that would match the JPG DNA. He would just need to tone down on the extra short lengths. His clothes are always well made and the shows entertaining despite some styles and lengths being questionable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FR758
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->