Jeffrey Fulvimari - Illustrator

F

fashionologie

Posted on style.com 6.14.04

Jeffrey Who?
Oh, please! Insiders have long been fans of Fulvimari's delicate, irresistible drawings of pretty young girls, inspired by everyone from Charles Schulz to Peter Max to Andy Warhol.

And His Big Break Was?
When the Material Mom tapped him to do the drawings for her kids' book The English Roses. "Madonna knew exactly what she wanted, which didn't surprise me in the least," says the Woodstock, N.Y.-based artist.

Don't Hate Him Because...
He is extremely easy on the eyes. As well as collaborating with the likes of Marc Jacobs, Tori Amos, and MoMA, he's been a Calvin Klein spokesman and starred in a film Zoe Cassavetes made for Anna Sui.

Grammy Winner?
Yes, but not for singing. ("I can't!" he protests.) He landed the 1994 award for the album design of The Complete Ella Fitzgerald Song Book. Oh yeah, and he titled his second monograph Greatest Hits.

Brand Alert!
Not content to fend off the growing demand for his drawing work, Fulvimari is launching Bobbypin, a "populist" (read: affordable) line of products from shoes to stationery, all ornamented with upbeat sayings and winsome ingénues.

I Have Cash To Burn
Well then, perhaps you should get on the list for one of J.F.'s limited-edition scarves for Louis Vuitton; they hit stores in August.

Mission Statement
If he had a family crest, it would read: "Nice girls finish first."
—Laird Borrelli

In addition to taking photographs himself, Fulvimari has been a Calvin Klein spokesman and worked with David LaChapelle -- who "was my best friend when I first moved to NY and pushed me to do what I am doing now." (style.com)
01f.jpg

Madonna as seen by Jeffrey Fulvimari (he collaborated with her on her first children's book) (style.com)
02f.jpg

One of Fulvimari's many collaborations was with art-oriented mannequin maker Ralph Pucci on a line of whimsical men and women with hand-painted features. (style.com)
03f.jpg

I love anything cute and whimsical like this! I have never heard of him but his drawings are adorable! My fave are the little purses!

thanks for the thread, his work is quite cute and he really is everywhere ... a clever man^_^

Aha! Now I know who this man is! I've seen his work around, but never knew exactly who he was. : )

The coin purses are too cute!

he is one of my favorite illustrators! His pieces are so fun:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeterJFrancoIII
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->