Jess Maybury

Benn98

Reaction score
Every time I saw an edit with Jess it slipped my mind to create a thread. Was just thinking of my dream casting for an editorial themed around The Cabinet of Dr Caligari (1920), and she would make a great Jane next to Paul Hameline as Cesare.

Jess is British, with Elite London as her mother agency. Repped by Elite in Paris, Milan and Copenhagen

20190912_154516911_M.JPG

HEIGHT
181 cm

BUST
85 cm

WAIST
64 cm

HIPS
99 cm

SHOES
41 1/2

HAIR
Brown

EYES
Brown

Marni S/S 2019: By Jamie Hawkesworth
76289372-6d77-44da-8e90-f182fa27dc86-jpeg.1094555

Vogue Latin America June 2019

Open Season!

Photographer: Bridget Fleming
Stylist: Esperanza De La Fuente
Hair & Makeup: Martina Lattanzi
Cast: Jess Maybury

Vogue Mexico Digital Edition

Dazed Fall/Winter 2019

Looking Glass

Photographer: Harley Weir
Stylist: Robbie Spencer
Hair: Shiori Takahashi
Makeup: Thomas De Kluyver
Manicure: Sylvie Macmillan
Cast: Jess Maybury, Tess McMillan, Yuki Beniya, Evangeline Ling, Lily Cole, Xie Chaoyu, Jenny Howarth

Dazed Digital Edition[/QUOTE]

She would have made a great cover by Meisel for Franca's Vogue Italia...such a unique look!

UK Vogue January 2020

Flights of Fancy

Photographer: Harley Weir
Set Design: Alice Kirkpatrick
Stylist: Julia Sarr-Jamois
Hair: Cyndia Harvey
Makeup: Lauren Parsons
Manicure: Sylvie MacMillan
Cast: Tehya Elam, Jess Maybury, Tess McMillan, Ariish Wol

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Jess Maybury
Model
1208185.jpg

Jess Maybury wears bra by Calvin Klein UnderwearPhotography Campbell Addy, styling Elizabeth Fraser-Bell

More muse than straightforward model, Maybury is glorying geriatric clubgoers with a new photo series and video

AGE26
LOCATIONLondon, United Kingdom
JESSMAYBURY
You might have seen Jess Maybury stalking her way around Gareth Pugh’s dystopian AW17 show, posing in a wickedly weird film by London designer Claire Barrow, or squatting totally naked and painted red as a devil for GUT magazine. But despite her statuesque height and striking looks, Maybury is more muse than straightforward model – someone who, like her sister (writer, publisher and dominatrix Reba) has talents and interests that go beyond the occasional turn on the runway or fashion editorial.

Maybury, recognisable for her gothic looks – long, dark hair and big brown eyes – originally studied illustration at London’s Camberwell College of Arts, but switched gears to focus on photography. Alongside her modelling (as one of agency Elite’s Special Bookings) she’s working on a project about women over 40 who love clubbing, wearing sexy clothes and being wild – set to be revealed in a photo series and short video. She also collaborates with her boyfriend, photographer and filmmaker Joshua Gordon, on editorials and projects that see them push the boundaries of taste; their next work is for GUT’s forthcoming food issue, which Maybury (who can be spotted on Instagram with cake batter all over her face) promises to be “spectacularly gross”.

dazeddigital

Lucy Kumara Moore: Jess Maybury Speaks on Posing Nude and the Female Body
DESIGN & LIVINGSEXNESS
388348.jpg

Jess by JoshPhotography by Joshua Gordon
In her latest column, Lucy Kumara Moore quizzes Jess Maybury about her modelling work, nudity and photography
MAY 23, 2019
TEXTLucy Kumara Moore

SEXNESS is a new monthly column exploring the shape of 21st-century desire from Lucy Kumara Moore, director of Claire de Rouen bookshop. A drive from the deep, a contested ground, a spur to our true identity, desire is manifold. Without aiming to be comprehensive, SEXNESS interweaves conversations with friends and personal perspective, to generate a PLEASURE-POSITIVE transmission from the cultural now.

For this fourth edition of SEXNESS, I wanted to speak to a beautiful and intelligent woman who I first met at my bookshop, Claire de Rouen: the model Jess Maybury.

A few years ago, Jess posed in some pictures for her friend, the photographer Harley Weir. Eventually the images were published as part of Weir’s book Function (released in 2018), which explores the connections between the female body and desire, biology and reproduction in a series of photographs depicting, for example, clusters of hair on areolas, a pregnant belly, a used condom, a baby’s feet, a woman self-pleasuring and childbirth itself. Weir’s photographs portray the female body as constantly and creatively in flux, shifting from soft to hard, small to large, alluring to nourishing, aroused to exhausted. Like an egg – a symbol of fertility which also appears in the book – the female body has an outer object-ness, but also a hidden, inner, formless aspect; messy and yet miraculous.

Weir’s book reminds me of one of my favourite passages of writing on the nature of desire, from English philosopher Gillian Rose’s book Love’s Work. Rose writes of her older female friend, Yvette, who has an intelligence and curiosity that make her seem almost supernatural. She is also a mother and grandmother many times over, and extremely lustful, with drawers full of p*rn*gr*ph*c magazines in her flat in New York. Rose notes:

“When I remarked one day… that I couldn’t reconcile her grandmotherly identity with her prodigious sexuality, she looked sadly and wisely at me as the one corrupted by unnatural practices: ‘Have you forgotten the connection between sex and children?’”

For me, this passage is a riposte to the notion that a woman’s sexuality ebbs as she ages or enters motherhood. Function works in this way, too. I wanted to talk to Jess about her involvement in the project, and our conversation (on a bad phone line that I have since nicknamed Earth-to-Venus) drifted into other interesting realms, too.

anothermag

Vogue Italia April 2019

Vogue Code: Unconventional Portraits

Photographer: Ben Toms
Stylist: Helena Tejedor
Hair: Soichi Inagaki
Makeup: Lucy Bridge
Manicure: Pebbles Aikens
Cast: Nikki Tissen, Alexis Sundman, Licett Morillo, Lara Mullen
Set Design: Polly Philp

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

The Sunday Times Style Magazine - 13 September 2020

Autumn Awakening

Photographer: Danika Magdalena
Stylist: Verity Parker
Hair: Nao Kawakami
Makeup: Jenny Coombs
Cast: Allana Santos Brito, Issa Lish, Maike Inga, Jess Cole, Kitan Sogo, Jess Maybury, Penelope Ternes, Maeva Giani, Eman Deng, Olivia Belgrave-Ruse, Fadhi Mohamed

The Sunday Times Style Magazine Digital Edition

Allure November 2020

Eyes Up

Photographer: Ruth Ossai
Set Designer: Luke Ossai
Stylist: Gabriella Karefa-Johnson
Hair: Isaac Poleon
Makeup: Bea Sweet
Cast: Kesewa Aboah, Jess Maybury, Ariish Wol, Lily Vogt

Allure Digital Edition

Puss Puss Magazine Nov 2020: The Great Escape

credit: models