Jessica Simpson: I've Been in Therapy

peacelover142002

go red sox
Reaction score
from people.com:

Jessica Simpson says she's visited a therapist to help deal with the tumultuous year she's had.

"I respect knowledge of the psyche," she tells Teen People in its December-January issue, on newsstands Friday. "I would be a therapist if I weren't an entertainer."

As for how else she deals with the pressure of fame, rumors about her marriage and other people's expectations of her, Simpson, 25, says she writes religiously in her diary.

"It's a way for me to know myself, my problems and my issues. If I don't do this, I'll push everything back until I explode."

Simpson says the pressure of having all eyes on her is sometimes too much. "It gets to the point where it's so frustrating that you just want to get away. I almost flipped my Range Rover trying to get away from the paparazzi last week, and it made me so heated."

As for stories about trouble between Jessica and her husband Nick Lachey, she says: "Hopefully mine and Nick's story will continue for the rest of our lives, like what we vowed, through sickness and in health."

Simpson also says she often turns to her little sister, Ashlee Simpson, for comfort. "Ashlee and I are closer than we've ever been in our lives."

Jessica and Ashlee posed for their first-ever photo shoot together for the Teen People cover. The younger sister tells the magazine that she goes to Jessica for help as well – especially now that she feels comfortable as an artist on her own.

"On my first record, I wasn't ready to do a photo shoot with Jessica, but now people know me as who I am. So to be able to come together is nice."

Ashlee also talks about her own tough times after her SNL lip-synch fiasco and her getting booed at the Orange Bowl in January.

"After the Orange Bowl, I went to my dressing room and dropped to the floor and started screaming. I was bawling like, 'God, I cannot believe this is happening to me again.'"

After making a glitch-free return to SNL, she says she's learned to trust herself.

"Yeah I messed up in front of everybody," she says, adding: "I love to sing. It's a joy to me. I don't do it for anyone else – I do it for me."

lunabella said:
who hasn't been in therapy!!!

I haven't! Which is a good thing because after two minutes the therapist would probably write me down as crazy. :smile:

okay, who hasn't been in therapy that's not a movie star or jewish or both?

lunabella said:
okay, who hasn't been in therapy that's not a movie star or jewish or both?

LOL! I'm sure there is one person out there who hasn't! :rofl:

Funny you mention Jewish because my friend jokes all the time that the reason he's in therapy is becuase his mother is slowly grinding him down with her "Jewish mother guilt trips" :rofl:

Its funny because his mom is such a doll but she's always on his case because he's not married yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
She invited the scrutiny by inviting the cameras into her marriage for 2 years!! I feel no sympathy for her, and I hope her therapist tells her using a relationship to make cash can cause a strain...duh!!

^ That's what I'm wondering too. The newspapers are running out of juicy things to write about.

peacelover142002 said:
"I respect knowledge of the psyche," she tells Teen People in its December-January issue, on newsstands Friday. "I would be a therapist if I weren't an entertainer."
That would have been a sad day for the field of psychology :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it means that she is, in fact, a smart woman.
With all these divorces going on in Hollywood, I'm glad she's not giving up so easily on her marriage and not freaking out with the paparazzi.

That would have been a sad day for the field of psychology :lol:

I dunno. I think she'd be a fun therapist :flower:

I've never gone to a therapist (and i'm not a movie star, nor jewish)... But truth be told, I probably should go:neutral: :innocent:

I think it's more than a little foolish of her to admit to keeping a diary with her innermost thoughts in it (as opposed to a date book). In an age where thieves will steal entire safe's from celebrity homes in the hope of getting personal photos and sex videos, I'd say thieves are hearing tills ringing at that news! :mrgreen:

rainglow said:
I think it's more than a little foolish of her to admit to keeping a diary with her innermost thoughts in it (as opposed to a date book). In an age where thieves will steal entire safe's from celebrity homes in the hope of getting personal photos and sex videos, I'd say thieves are hearing tills ringing at that news! :mrgreen:

Maybe her Dad is trying to set something up...:shifty:

Heard this over the weekend.

And... so what? Oh no, Jessica Simpso has a flaw! So many movie stars are in therapy, so what does this matter...?

Whats scary is that made the home page of yahoo in the news box :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->