John Varvatos Fall 2004 New York

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
Mr. And Mrs. Varvatos
John Varvatos' fall couple

Thursday, February 12, 2004

THE LOOK: Celebs, editors, buyers, and socialites packed John Varvatos’ highly anticipated women’s debut collection. A former Calvin Klein ingénue, John Varvatos delivered another stellar men’s collection filled with beautiful suedes, leathers, shearlings, furs, and separates in tones of espresso, fern, prune, dark brown, and copper. Hugh Jackman eyed a black mink and shearling double-breasted coat. Another must-have: the waffle front belted back cardigan sweater.

The first womenswear collection from John Varvatos was almost exactly what you would expect of the designer: the cleanest wool and suede separates cast in a familiar palette of browns and charcoals. As Anna Wintour put it best, “It was very much in keeping with what he does for menswear. However, I personally wished that there would have been more ‘fashion’ in the women’s pieces.”

HEAVILY OVERUSED BUZZWORDS: Brown, muted, urban

SEEN:
Amy Fine Collins, in vintage Geoffrey Beene and a Lambertson Truex bag

Front row scenesters: Jimmy Fallon sitting across from Hugh Jackman, sitting next to Anna Wintour, sitting next to Matt Dillon, sitting next to Kristin Davis.
Taye Diggs

HEARD:
Amy Fine Collins
On Kristen Davis’ outfit: “I didn’t even know who Kristin Davis was.”

Taye Diggs
“I loved all his stuff. His women’s was sexy but relaxed.”

Phillip Bloch
“I wear his clothes like 90% of the time.”
JIM SHI, CONTRIBUTIONS BY MARK JACOBS

:arrow: Pretty boring, IMO. Nothing new, too. You can see his touches in some pieces but very much in the same vein as Kenneth Cole.

quite boring indeed..
those are the only pieces i found a bit interesting,
i actually like -a lot- the coat
and the brown /green combination which we also saw at DKNY

Please, this guy is such a PR job. Typical US - all business, no talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->