Johnny Depp

I am still just sooooo happy for him!!!!! :flower:

He's REALLY sexy. He's the best! :heart:

Not that I want to start a whole controversy thing here, but I thing the term ''Sexiest man alive'' is not appropriate. First of all, they did not consider ALL the choices in the world (who knows, it doesn't HAVE to be a star, maybe there's a butcher living in Zimbawe that deserves this title).

Plus the word ALIVE, is so not appropriate. Most (not ALL, most) of the actors on the list come from America. They should have called it ''Sexiest star in America according to People magazine''. Because it is not as if EVERYBODY could have voted. I mean it's not really ''fair''.

Anyway, this year, I couldn't agree more on choosing Johnny though..... :wink:

I agree..he is hot..also a great actor..which adds to his looks...

They should have put him on the cover ten yrs ago..idiots..

Originally posted by kimkhuu@Nov 24th, 2003 - 9:31 pm
I am still just sooooo happy for him!!!!! :flower:

He's REALLY sexy. He's the best! :heart:

Not that I want to start a whole controversy thing here, but I thing the term ''Sexiest man alive'' is not appropriate. First of all, they did not consider ALL the choices in the world (who knows, it doesn't HAVE to be a star, maybe there's a butcher living in Zimbawe that deserves this title).

Plus the word ALIVE, is so not appropriate. Most (not ALL, most) of the actors on the list come from America. They should have called it ''Sexiest star in America according to People magazine''. Because it is not as if EVERYBODY could have voted. I mean it's not really ''fair''.

Anyway, this year, I couldn't agree more on choosing Johnny though..... :wink:
i dont think it is meant to be taken that literally....dont you say phrases like that? it is the coolest place on the planet, best place in the world to shop.... we say stuff like that all the time and that is what the cover means.... he is simply hot.... the sexiest man alive.....it is just meant to be fun :wink:

JOHNNY DEPP ROCKS MY WORLD. Finally... People Magazine chose the right man. I think it was last year they chose BEN AFFLECK. ewwww.

^^ that is indeed a thrilling find, purple :woot: thanks!

the little boy who is playing charlie, freddie highmore, also played opposite johnny in finding neverland. I think this is wonderful - they seemed so natural onscreen together. :heart:

Originally posted by utopia@Nov 10 2004, 04:01 AM
the little boy who is playing charlie, freddie highmore, also played opposite johnny in finding neverland. I think this is wonderful - they seemed so natural onscreen together. :heart:
[snapback]425726[/snapback]​
Johnny Depp actually requested that he be used, because he was so impressed with his acting abilities. Also, Helena Botham Carter is going to be playing Charlie's mother, her husband seems to give her slightly preferencial treatment.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Nov 10 2004, 05:13 AM
Johnny Depp actually requested that he be used, because he was so impressed with his acting abilities. Also, Helena Botham Carter is going to be playing Charlie's mother, her husband seems to give her slightly preferencial treatment.
[snapback]425732[/snapback]​

yeah that's what I'd heard - I'm not surprised at all. he was a brilliant little actor! ^_^

at imdb someone posted a link to more pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/212076537AuhmoI

somehow I feel very sneaky for looking at them...shhh :shifty:

I love johnny's look for this film. very pale, giant dark glasses, tophat. :woot: it's very alien/eccentric...reminds me a little bit of billy corgan in the tonight video.

wow!!! johnny's look is so quirky!!! i almost lov it!

Originally posted by Acid+Jul 31 2003, 03:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Acid @ Jul 31 2003, 03:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>(lets hope Donatella and Paris Hilton get their applications in soon for Ompa-Lumpa's :wink: ) :blush: :blush:
[snapback]80450[/snapback]​
[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

<!--QuoteBegin-As You Like It
@Nov 10 2004, 08:04 AM
Now that's a candyman I'd like to lick. :brows:
[snapback]425847[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I agree B) :P

thanks so much for the livejournal link purple! :woot:

Originally posted by Acid@Jul 31 2003, 03:12 PM

(lets hope Donatella and Paris Hilton get their applications in soon for Ompa-Lumpa's :wink: ) :blush: :blush:
[snapback]80450[/snapback]​

:lol:

The official movie poster:
poster1.jpg

this might come off as a bit of an odd comment, but I now want that coat :blush:

Originally posted by moussemaker@Nov 11 2004, 04:53 PM
The official movie poster:
poster1.jpg

[snapback]427198[/snapback]​
Johnny's sooo very hot :heart: :heart: :heart: The outfit's great too... God he looks good :crush:

Originally posted by tiffany+Nov 10 2004, 05:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tiffany @ Nov 10 2004, 05:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>thanks so much for the livejournal link purple! :woot:
[snapback]426503[/snapback]​
[/b]

You're welcome, I was so pleased at my discovery! :lol:

<!--QuoteBegin-tiffany
@Nov 11 2004, 01:19 PM
this might come off as a bit of an odd comment, but I now want that coat :blush:
[snapback]427304[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I've seen a lot of similar ones in vintage stores. Also, Zara might have some.

hmm...i don't like the new oompa loompa look. that's just ....a crime.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Nov 11 2004, 02:50 PM
You're welcome, I was so pleased at my discovery! :lol:
I've seen a lot of similar ones in vintage stores. Also, Zara might have some.
[snapback]427519[/snapback]​
thanks for the tip :flower: lol I'm going to end up raiding Zara's & every vintage store I can find :P

I still love the original, and Gene Wilder was in that.. now think of the same movie with Johnny.... OH god.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lores
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->