Jon Kortajarena

I'm with CommanderTMugler, I think they are great together and while it would be nice to see them come out, it's their choice to be public (and Jon's hair is always amazing!).

Last edited by a moderator:
See, I disagree. And it's not because I think all public figures have a responsibility to come out. It's because Luke already came out in 2002. And then denied it, publicly. And stated that he wasn't gay. And now he very clearly has a boyfriend. So, in this example, I think he has a responsibility to explain himself - because this kind of denial and "glass closet" situation is cowardice and sets a bad example. He could be the first openly gay action star. They're gonna do a 2nd Dracula movie, he's got the final Hobbit film on the way. He's a big deal right now.

If it was just Jon and some other person, I wouldn't feel like they had to come out at all. I would just let them do their thing.

I don't think many people know about him coming out in 2002, he's barely getting public recognition right now. It can all be twisted words and he probably wasn't sure of himself then. He could have believed he was gay, then started to have feelings for a woman, it didn't work out and now with Jon he's gay, it would be a mess to have to explain that to the media, people will always have their doubts and set mentality on it so why bother to explain his personal life. I don't view him much as a celebrity, yeah a couple of us check for him but mostly he stays pretty low key. He's doing alright, just don't feed the media, just keep it moving and keep on getting strong roles like he has and be known for his work and not his personal life, it would begin to overshadow him.

I feel Jon has been that same way as well, he would rather focus on his career and not have any attention on his personal life. If they decide, great, if not it's none of my business even though I think they are a ridiculously cute couple.

alright, i certainly respect your opinion, and i guess we gotta just agree to disagree. :flower:

one thing we seem to all agree on is that they are a gorgeous couple (and that, yes, Jon's hair is always amazing. haha)

happycanadian, totally understandable though I'm glad we all feel the same towards the same goal, it's just a small nick. They are both doing an amazing job with their careers.

Littleathquakes.... Jon has never really spoken about it bit its a strong assumption, I guess that's a plus, he's noted for his work first and foremost.

Ok I'm dropping the subject, now if only Jon can give us a tutorial to achieve his hair, I know his mom cuts it but still.... I can't travel to Spain every month or so :judge:

L’Officiel Hommes Turkey Fall Winter 2014

Photographed by Emre Guven
Styled by Ayca Elkap
Hair by Ibrahim Zengin
Makeup by Ali Riz Ozdemir

thefashionisto

See, I disagree. And it's not because I think all public figures have a responsibility to come out. It's because Luke already came out in 2002. And then denied it, publicly. And stated that he wasn't gay. And now he very clearly has a boyfriend. So, in this example, I think he has a responsibility to explain himself - because this kind of denial and "glass closet" situation is cowardice and sets a bad example. He could be the first openly gay action star. They're gonna do a 2nd Dracula movie, he's got the final Hobbit film on the way. He's a big deal right now.

If it was just Jon and some other person, I wouldn't feel like they had to come out at all. I would just let them do their thing.

I don't think Luke has ever denied his sexuality, he just doesn't want to talk about his personal life. During the Dracula promo round, he said that he is happy with being himself and his family and friends are supportive of him. It's pretty obvious he was talking about him being gay. While I totally understand your point of view, I can also understand Luke (and Jon) about not wanting to talk about their relationship and/or personal life. I would have done the same if I were them.
They are, however, the most adorable couple and so good looking together!

I love his new editorial as well :heart:

Pablo Erroz F/W 2015.16 Barcelona

080barcelonafashion.cat

Edgar Carrascal F/W 2015.16 Barcelona (O) (C)

080barcelonafashion.cat

Brain&Beast F/W 2015.16 Barcelona

080barcelonafashion.cat

Miriam Ponsa F/W 2015.16 Barcelona

080barcelonafashion.cat

Josep Abril F/W 2015.16 Barcelona (C)

080barcelonafashion.cat

29th. Spanish Film Academy Goya Awards

celebrities_alfombra_roja_rosa_premios_goya_2015_cine__519699714_800x.jpg

vogue.es

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics